Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Myths

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ktulu @ Feb. 16 2005,10:49)]There are a few inherent differences in male and female brains, like size, but interms of true cognition there is not differnce.
    Did you read the link I posted?

"He (Michael Gurian) believes there are about a hundred structural differences that have been identified between the male and female brain."

It makes perfect sense to me for evolution to have favored slightly more specialized minds for each gender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ Feb. 16 2005,6:27)]Bats being blind is not a myth. They use sonar not vision combined with sense of smell. They send out a signal and their brain interprets what the signal "looks" like based on its timing, frequency, etc...

Joe
    What is wrong with you? Bats are not blind in fact they have better vision then Humans and can see color (If I remember the article right). Look up Bat Conservation International Online hopefully the site will dispell all your mis-beliefs.
    Or if you want I can copy the article and mail it to you.
    From a pround member of BCI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh geez not evolution again. Myths not evolution people come on. I do not want this to be locked also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's a matter of opinion that those differences exist (so they're not myths). Where the opinion comes in is in determining what the cause for those differences is (I think it's both biology and culture... all intertwined) and if those differences make a difference (lol that's sounds funny). to acknowledge that those differences exist doesn't make you sexist, it's when you start to say all fe/males are like that or when you make one better than the other.
    Just like saying that the average american is wealthier than the average ethiopian doesn't make you racist (or... whatever that would make you... is there even a word?) because it's just a fact. it's how you interpret those facts that makes you racist/sexist/etc.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhh Alpha wrong thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whoa you guys are fast! :P (or maybe i just type too much lol)
    How bats work
    for info on bats. interesting ...article or whatever it is.
    PS. LOL trea
    I didn't mean that to spark another debate. Believe it or not the example is still valid.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So who thinks witches and vampires are myths?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    witches are no myths... (lol... ok fine the fictional ones about crazy old women flying on brooms are but there is a religion where they're called witches)
    and vampiers aren't either... (again... the living dead are but the central american species that lap blood aren't. There are only three species of vampire bats in the whole world and they only live in Mexico and central america)... and if you consider any organism that sucks blood a vampire, there are also those finches in the galapagos, mosquitoes, fleas, lice, bed bugs, leeches, etc.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast