What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for longleaf

I found a fairly new book that NASCers and other CP people should read.  It's called Looking for Longleaf: The Fall and Rise of an American Forest, was written by Lawrence S. Earley, and was published by the UNC Press in late 2004.  I don't think I've seen it mentioned here before.

Southern Sarracenias and VFTs and other plants we care about come from the Longleaf range.  But they're only bit players in the book.  My town has two copies in its libraries and you should ask your library to get it too.

longleafs are a beautifull pine with great ornamental poetental

I'm lifting this back to the top because it's such a good book.  I had only flipped through it before, but I finally started reading it and am approaching the end.  The book is good reading and covers the ecology and history of the Coastal Plain areas lots of Sarrs are from.

I hate to say it but I'm supposed to be doing a newsletter for Meadowview on the longleaf pine. MV is helping to restore these pines in certain areas in VA.

Unfortunately I've been unusually busy and stressed and haven't been able to do it yet. Hopefully it will be done soon.

If you find the book, you'll be able to plagiarize everything you need.

Back