What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cajun transplant

CP30

A Cajun(isc) Carnivore
I recently moved from the Seattle area to the crawfish state and have found conditions here great for numerous cp's. I am suprised to find it so difficult to find them in cultivation, and I have had no luck in finding a nearby CP society.

Can anybody help me?

not sure about societies down that way but im guessing they are about as scarce as here in Montana. this forum is an excellent source of info and the Trade forum along with our hosts store, are excellent sources for plant material. ive put together a fairly impressive collection in the last 17 months using the trade forum with minimal outside purchasing other than for nepenthes and a few other odds and ends. this is a great bunch of ppl and im glad you stumbled across our great forums.

Thanks!
In the few days since I joined I have read and learned much. I am looking forward to lots of time perusing (sp?) the numerous threads and expanding my personal database. With spring coming I have the itch to expand my collection as well as view what others have done. I hope I meet a few CP lovers in the area, until then (and afterwards also) I will commune with everyone on line!

I don't know about CP societies, but dude, welcome to the board and to the South!!

Welcome CP30.

I searched for the word sarracenia at the LSU website and got a few hits. So you might try doing that and tracking down people there. You could also try the same with Tulane, UNO, and the regional universities.

By the way, as an Ole Miss graduate it pained me deeply to search the LSU website. Even though I had thought about going there while in high school in Mississippi.

Welcome to the forums.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]With spring coming I have the itch to expand my collection as well as view what others have done.

Yeah we all started with the itch. Then it grows to an obsession. You'll see what I mean.

Maybe our next member will be R2D2.

Hi there CP30

Welcome to the forums! Its always good to pick up another addict...I mean, member.
biggrin.gif

Yeah...they like to call it a hobby but we allllll know its a lot more than that. But to help with this addiction is this wonderful CP community.

Stick around and join in the fun. A great group of folks here.
smile.gif

Depending on where you are in the crawfish state, there are people everywhere with this same affliction. Ivan Snyder knows of some folks down Mississippi/Lousiana way.

Give him a shout. If you need his email, send me a pm. Also, you may be close enough to meet up with Mr. Zak, Texas City, TX way, and the happenings at the Jones Reserve for CPers.

There are a lots of great folks down there. Have fun!!

Thanks for the welcomes! I am very happy to have others to discuss my obsession with (yes, I am a newb here but not to cps). I have grown for about 4 years now, and like I said, my move to the sultry south has really impressed my plants! (except for the Darlingtonia corpses)
i have learned alot just surfing thru the old posts. I hope I can share some of my learnings, some of my interests, and some of my plants with others.

Yeah ozzy, I was beginning to wonder if anyone caught the sci fi reference, my better half thought it was pretty lame.....

I saw my name was invoked so I thought I'D pop in. I'm down here in Texas City as was mentioned by Rick. I have family in Moble, and coincidentaly plants from there(thanks BW), and will occasionly head that way. I'm about 4 Hrs. from Lake Charles, and 6 from N.O. Where are you in LA?

Dude, I think that's "Mobile."

Back