Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: News alert regarding pres. bush

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you know he gave an executive order for the gov. to give money to "faith based" organisations. To date no Jewish, Islamic, or non-christian groups have been given money. Christian Groups have been given tons of money b/c supposedly they "saved" his life. I think it was dateline that ran "The Jesus Factor" several years ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so christian groups have been given more? well then if they have it's obvious he's just giving money to the others so he won't look bad... edit: I just saw you said NO money to jews, etc... that's horrible! I thought you were just saying they were giving christians more money than others.

they saved his life?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol lots of uprising over a joke, i few of us got the link to Indiana Jones but it seems to gone over others head. i used to say the constitution and such was about a seperation of church and state but i actually read it over not that long ago. there are no provisions for the seperations. as to giving money to faith based initiatives so what? every president has his causes that he throws money at why would Bush be any different?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] i used to say the constitution and such was about a seperation of church and state but i actually read it over not that long ago. there are no provisions for the seperations
    I wasn't talking about the constitution nor any legal stuff.
    even If I was, the constitution does say "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."
    http://atheism.about.com/od/churchst...s/a/phrase.htm
    so while the phrase "separation of church and state" isn't there, the idea is.
    Quote[/b] ]as to giving money to faith based initiatives so what? every president has his causes that he throws money at why would Bush be any different?
    just because other presidents do things we don't like it doesn't mean we should not disagree with a president doing it right now. who cares what others have done? we're talking about the US here and now.
    now... IF it's government money (I don't see why he would be giving his own money to everyone) and IF he really did give more money to christians than to others... a president giving more money to christians than to others is wrong. That's what I'm saying.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so then that's just another downside to him........ No matter who is in office, he is never going to be liked by everyone. It's just fact. Some people loved Clinton... others hated his guts. Some people love Bush, others hate his guts.... Welcome to the world of politics.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a pretty funny joke, and I am a bushie.

Alpha_Wolf, why would you ever believe that seperation is implied when the vast majority of the founding fathers were christian? if ANYTHING, you must interporet their works with a pro-christian slant.

In addition, It is widely held that the founding fathers most likely never concieved that there would be Islam, poopoism, Budhism and so on in this country, their freedome of religion was more likely 'freedom to practice your religion within a christian perspective, i.e. calvanists, catholics, baptists and puritains can all get along together." granted, that is not the way it turned out, and our constitutions verbage is broad enough to allow such wonderful diversity.

Quote[/b] ]Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."
    Means that congress will NOT establish a state religion, nothing more, nothing less. that one line has been warped so much it disgusts me. I have no problem with the government giving money to organizations of ANY faith, those moneys are usually spend to help people in their community, and I believe by and large, the community knows what to do with that money far better than a huge governmental juggernaught.

As for only christian groups getting the money, certainly that bears investigation, but one wonders if any other group has even applied for monies? (I have no idea) and what if a few have and have recieved funding, this country is by far more christian in it's religious leanings than anything else, it is no small wonder that christian groups would get more money in that situation.

In the end, who cares who gets the money as long as the money is used to give out blankets, help a single mom fix her car, provide shelter and sustenance for the homeless? A church with a 100% volunteer based labour force and an incentive to help others (it is part of their core belief system) will spend every dollar with far more effectiveness than a government agency that will have to blow most of that money on employee costs...

my two cents.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ Feb. 24 2005,9:52)]That was a pretty funny joke, and I am a bushie.
    *SPITS BEER ON MONITOR*

Just kidding [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its funny because "Jesus" was a Jew. You'd think he'd throw the Jews some money, too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast