What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soil

I found this at walmart. Can I use it for cps?

ingredients: sphagnum peat moss, horticultural sand, perlite, and lime for added ph balance

I am not sure about the lime. Is it safe?

Lime not good... don't use.

okee dokee. Thanks. I will not use it.
smile.gif

If you wash the lime out with 10G of distilled water per cup of mixture, then go ahead!

If you have a Home Depot or Lowes accessible, you can buy a good sized bag of Canadian peat for ~$5. Just rinse well. They would also have a bag of dried LFS and perlite.

I got my Long Fibered Sphagnum at Lowes, it's in a plastic bag that looks like a sky scraper, except..a lot smaller. The label is very floral.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TunaSurprise @ Feb. 24 2005,2:07)]If you wash the lime out with 10G of distilled water per cup of mixture, then go ahead!
Why would you even want to use lime in a CP mix? Its absurd if you ask me and another unecessary addition that could possibly kill your plant. Lime raises pH, put it on your lawn or garden instead.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Feb. 25 2005,5:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TunaSurprise @ Feb. 24 2005,2:07)]If you wash the lime out with 10G of distilled water per cup of mixture, then go ahead!
Why would you even want to use lime in a CP mix? Its absurd if you ask me and another unecessary addition that could possibly kill your plant. Lime raises pH, put it on your lawn or garden instead.
He was kidding..
it was a joke.

Back