Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Florida is so stupid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then you've not had it. Good food is good food. All the good food I've ever had tasted good to me. It's not about being stuck up, either. High falutin' places don't have extensive menus, and they change daily(depending on what foods the head chef selects, and what is in season and the freshest), so there's absolutely no sense in printing up menus. The day's menu is usually written on a blackboard, and recited to the patrons by the wait-staff.

Don't matter if it's served on a paper plate with a slice of white bread, or served on antique Doulton with a watercress salad. If it's good, it's good. I'm as much a prole as the next guy, but I'm not a knee-jerk prole. There ain't nothing wrong, as a special treat, with going to a restaurant that has white tablecloths and a dress code and decent wine. You know, where men wear a jacket and tie? For once? There's an excellent french restaurant in the town I work in...I would like to try it sometime. Trio Atelier. I've never had french food.

On the budget we're on...TGIF or Bennigan's IS fine dining! They both have stuff I love on their menus. I especially love the ribs at Bennigans. We won't be going to Tru or Trio Atelier anytime soon, though! Maybe Bennigans tomorrow night, which makes me a happy girl! Barbecue ribs! Yum!

Will I go to the little tiny barbecue hut on 50 when I go to Brooksville? Yep! Because it's FINE dining. Will I go to the "fine dining" crappy Chinese restaurant where they use tons of MSG and cook the vegetables to death? Nope. I'll probably go to Arby's at least once and a couple of the local diners for chicken fried steak, too!

BTW..what happened to KFC? We ate there a few weeks ago..and dang. No more baked or broiled chicken..which was really good!

Appropos of nothing, my dad worked for the Colonel, when he (my dad) was about 12 years old(circa 1927 or so), selling box lunches to truckers out on the highway. The Colonel had a rack made of coffee cans filled with various spice mixtures in them, and he'd go on down the line, mixing them, throwing the chicken in, and frying it. April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KFC... didn't that used to be called Kentucky FRIED Chicken? Hey the best food I have had comes from NYC / Long Island - especially the pizza and Chinese food. I haven't found a decent egg roll since moving away. Best cheesecake, too!

Florida is funny when you order iced tea. The waitresses ask "sweetened or unsweetened?" I also think it's funny to hear them say, "sure do" or "sure don't".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When everyone is finished beating up on Florida, can I start a thread about what I dislike about New Yak?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I cannot get into any restaurant in jeans and a tee shirt, then I don't need to be there. Wanna wear a monkey suit just to eat?? Dat be goofy!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If all of you non-Floridians dispise Florida food, climate, arthropod life, school rules, etc., nothing is forcing you to enter our state. For the Floridians on the thread who have been complaining - I don't recall seeing armed guards at the Georgia border preventing you from moving out to one of the other 49 apparently wonderous problem free states that are SO much better. I agree with Lauderdale, where are the threads denegrating the rest of the union? Has 2005 been declared the year of picking on Florida and we're just hearing about it now?

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    herenorthere, I must admit, y'all's Friendly's have wayyy more sugar in the root beer than ours. Our TGIFs rock, though.. in my opinion. They have the bext freaking spaghetti on the face of the earth.

april, "good food" is a matter of opinion. You can't just declare that the correct opinion is that fine restaurants ARE good food, because some people are gonna agree and some are gonna disaggree. I disaggree, but I still respect your opinion and I don't call your opinion "wrong". And about the menus, I didn't not get a menu because the menus didn't exist. They gave my grandparents menus and they didn't give me one. Explain that any other way than "stuck-up".

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]KFC... didn't that used to be called Kentucky FRIED Chicken?
    It's still fried here o_O It's great!!! Somebody should just make a new snack... Fried Chicken Batter Skins. Booya!!

Quote[/b] ]Florida is funny when you order iced tea. The waitresses ask "sweetened or unsweetened?"
    ...You mean that's not universal?

Quote[/b] ]When everyone is finished beating up on Florida, can I start a thread about what I dislike about New Yak?
    GO LAUDERDALE!! (although New Yak DID give us David Duchovny..)

Quote[/b] ]If I cannot get into any restaurant in jeans and a tee shirt, then I don't need to be there. Wanna wear a monkey suit just to eat?? Dat be goofy!!
    EXACTLY!!!

Lauderdale, Bugweed and buster1, I LOVE Y'ALL!!! *forms circle of friends*
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, maybe if y'all could run a fair election, we'd stop picking on you. (LOL!! It's only a joke!)

Florida is one of those states that has a little bit of everything. Like California. You can find endless strip malls and bad chain restaurants, and you can find stunning natural beauty and even some culture if you look hard enough (sorry, couldn't help myself.)

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]If I cannot get into any restaurant in jeans and a tee shirt, then I don't need to be there. Wanna wear a monkey suit just to eat?? Dat be goofy!!
    Well, there is one exception to this rule: When someone else is paying!! I'll dress in anything you want for a good, free dinner (well, almost anything, depending on how good the food is).

Nice thing about living near (read: NOT IN) New York City is that we have a PLETHORA of resteraunts with GREAT food that you can go to in jeans.

FTG is right, Great food is all subject to taste, but and open mind is always a plus. I'll try ANYTHING once. Even a mayfly patty from Congo, or BBQ'ed tarantula on a stick from Mexico (hey, those kids looked positively PSYCHED to have 'em!). Tried Tripe once. Won't do that again, but at least I tried!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!