What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Florida is so stupid

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Mar. 11 2005,3:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Travis @ Mar. 10 2005,5:09)]What ever happend to having a gay ole time?
smile_n_32.gif
That would be "stone age" thinking!    
smile_n_32.gif
Do I ever feel old now...
smile_m_32.gif

Wilma!!!

You guy's ROCK
smile_n_32.gif

I haven't read the article about the girl and the tuxedo but I do know one thing.

When I was in school (high school) there was this sexual revolution goin on in my school. They forbid and suspended males for wearing skirts, dresses, any womens attire. Honestly, boys (yes boys, if you're still in school) have NO place wearing skirts or any of the like in school anymore so than a grown man does at work unless he's a dragqueen (seriously). The flipside is if it is inappropriate for males to dress feminine then it should also be the same for females. Personally I don't think anything particularly wrong with a tux but laws and rules have to be fair in an age of equality.

smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
Bugweed said Fruit

what if you're from scottland?
you could sue them for discrimination :p

superimposedhope : I disagree completely. why shouldn't males wear whatever they want? why shouldn't females wear whatever they want? while i have no interest in being a woman, dressing like one, etc etc. people assume that because i'm gay that i want to be a transexual/dress in drag. no. however, i think people should either wear what they want in an informal place like a school. school is one place, work is another.

LOL imagine one day going to school and all the guys are wearing skirts... ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! I'd turn around and go back home. :p

definately a turn off
smile.gif

JLAP, While Ireally don't care if a dude wears a skirt or not, I firmly beleive that children have no place wearing such things especially in a school because for 1) that is an intensely mature choice and 2) It is extremely distracting in an environment where maturity is at an all time low.

Basically: If my kid is/was gay and wanted to dress that way........Fine. Under his own roof paying his own way as an adult. I don't beleive in children/kids/young adults having the same choices as adults or rules for that matter. When I was in grade school, this kids dad (
confused.gif
) was gay and dressed as woman at PTA meetings. The kids (myself included) were confused as to why or what. He was told to leave until he could dress appropriately and with good cause.

Joe

gay does not equal crossdresser... clint just said that.
I was watching a show on the discovery channel about transexuals and they have a part of their brain bigger than normal people. (just a random piece of trivia) OH WAIT... no.... those are transexuals... but transexuals sometimes crossdress... so i guess ... yeah i guess i was right. lol :p

it's iffy for me to talk about it because from a sexual point of view, to me it's gross, so i dont want to sound like a hypocrite.

Well lets think about this logically.  In the beginning of man (what ever you believe) people were NUDE.  Yes naked.  Then we threw on some animal skins/leaves whatever which of course looks like a skirt/kilt.  Notice hte roman times where all battle armor (for civilizations) was armored skirts, and common people wore togas (dresses).  So my opinion is due to historical examples people can where what ever as long as it covers you.  Since both male and female bodies are almost the same it does not matter as long as you are not nude or indecently exposed (mini-skirt anyone).

go tre!

Male and female bodies are almost the same? Not last time I looked.
confused.gif

C'mon man, Seriously a kilt and a dress are 2 different things. Thats like saying a shirt and a blouse are the same. Guys don't wear blouses.

I'm not saying all cross dressers are gay or vis-versa. However this discussion is about cross dressing and what consitutes it and whether its appropriate in the class room.
All I said is I don't think it should be allowed. I don't think it's a deal if a chick wears a tux but in reverse roles it is inappropriate so the rules need to be fair.

Joe

If male and female bodies were not nearly the same we would not be able to procreate. I will not continue since I think you can figure out where this is going.
I never said a kilt and a dress were the same. I said kilt and skirt.
I'm not for cross dressing or anything. But if we take this in historical context there is not such thing.

Every year, my sister and I go to Florida to visit my very elderly parents. When we arrive, we always go to a restaurant called the Country Kitchen, for dinner. my mom likes it because she can get breakfast 24-7.

Every year, my sis and I have a contest. It's about how quickly after arrival at said restaurant you hear the "n" word. The "N" word is not coming from the staff...but from the patrons. It's usually less than 5 minutes...but in that 5 minutes, you hear all sorts or other words.."colored", "boy"(used to hail an adult male african-american waiter), "half-breed", etc. Winner gets a free tattoo.

Florida has spiders the size of hubcaps. It's hot, humid. No thanks. I'm certain it has its charms, but they are completely lost on me. April

oh! spiders rock!
did you know silk is stronger than steel and way more flexible? (for it's width) spiders also make many different kinds of silk. some are for structural support, others for trapping prey, others for protecting the eggs, etc. Many web-building spiders also make their webs every single day, and first they make a web out of structural silk and then go back and eat each strand and leave a sticky-silk in it's place. there's even a couple of species who lasso their pray! they spit at it and the silk wraps around the pray. it's pretty cool. others... ok fine I'll stop :p

Spiders do NOT rock. They belong in their webs...far, far from me. A meta-physical can of Raid to you!

Spiders suck. TARANTULAS ROCK!!! I used to have a 5" legspan tarantula that i would let sit on my head while i would do homework.

ON TOPIC:
I do not think that wearing the opposite gender's clothes should be any kind of problem, but i do think it would be kinda awkward to wear those things as (without modifications) they are made to fit a different body form. Male and female bodies are shaped differently you know.

Wearing the opposite gender's clothes does NOT make you gay. But these idiots at my school think that just because one gender wears it more than the other, it makes you gay because you wear it too. Now if it is bright pink, and says something like "Daddy's little girl", then i'd feel strange being around them.

Back