What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Florida is so stupid

I have to agree with superimposed on this one... wearing things like that in a school environment is a cause for disruption. Let's face it kids are gonna be kids. If other kids didn't make such a big deal about someone being the least bit different from what they normally see or deal with on a "regular" basis then it wouldn't be a problem but kids (and society) do. I, personally, think crossdressing is essentially wrong but i'm no one to stop someone else from doing whatever they want as long as it's not affecting me in any way. Anyone can dress however they feel like it... until it starts affecting others. In this case, semi-indirectly, it's affecting everyone who sees it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Spiders suck. TARANTULAS ROCK!!! I used to have a 5" legspan tarantula that i would let sit on my head while i would do homework.
... what's the difference again?

One's bigger and one's uglier
smile.gif

ah... no I was getting confused. I read somewhere that tarantulas are not true tarantulas... that the true tarantula is one from europe or something and that the people there thought it was venomous and to cure it they danced a dance called tarantula (or something like that) all night long.

They all stink. Spiders, tarantulas, whatever. Nothing wrong with them that Raid wouldn't cure. Bleahhhhhh.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The flipside is if it is inappropriate for males to dress feminine then it should also be the same for females.

So you're saying you think it's wrong for me to wear camouflage cargo pants I got in the boys' section at Target, or any of the other boys' clothes I wear? God, I feel so loved.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Male and female bodies are almost the same? Not last time I looked.

Well, they're more similar to each other than they are to, say.. a minivan.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Florida has spiders the size of hubcaps.  It's hot, humid. No thanks. I'm certain it has its charms, but they are completely lost on me.

Well, we Floridians have experience and learn how to deal with it. We're tough. We go jogging in heat Northerners would never survive. And once there was a ENORMOUS (like, man's-hand-size) banana spider outside in a web going between the outer wall and the cherry tree that used to be in the front yard. We didn't kill it. They don't hurt nothin'. Ridiculously huge spiders are cool. And when I go on trail rides at the ranch I go to every two weeks or so, there are almost always all kinds of spiders in the forested areas of the trails that would be on your face if Shirley (ranch owner/trail guide) didn't carry a stick to knock them out of the trees with. Once a big black one dropped onto my leg while I was in the saddle. I just flicked it off.

New England has ticks the size of grapes. It's cold, dry. No thanks. I'm certain it has its charms, but they are completely lost on me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i do think it would be kinda awkward to wear those things as (without modifications) they are made to fit a different body form. Male and female bodies are shaped differently you know.

You have a point there... when I buy pants from the boys' section, they have to be a couple sizes larger than I would normally wear, because boys' hips are alot skinnier than girls'.

I don't consider myself a crossdresser, because I also sometimes wear girls' clothes, but they're usually from the juniors' section, because the girls' section SUCKS ROYALLY. Anyway, I don't think there should be a "boys section" and a "girls section".. it should all just be a "clothes section" and people should be able to just simply go into the clothes section and get whatever the hell they want, with no gender labels to make them feel awkward or make it seem like there's something wrong with a girl wearing boys' clothes, or vice-versa. I don't really have any opinion on boys wearing girls' clothes, because I'm not a boy, so it doesn't affect me, so I don't care. Either make it all one big clothes section, or at least broaden the range of girl's clothes. Not every girl wants to wear pink and yellow crap with flowers and glitter all over it and words like "Spoiled" or "Brat" on the rear end. I've looked through girls' clothes sections numerous times, and there's nothing I would ever wear there. Everything's crap. I don't even get underwear there anymore because you can't just get WHITE underwear. It's all flowery and cutsie and crap and I swear to God you can't get briefs there either. Nothing but panties. Panties suck because they're tight and they cut into your skin somethin' fierce.

So what I'm saying is that clothes sections shouldn't be so freakin' stereotypical. And why can't you ever find any flippin' WHITE T-SHIRTS?! God!! To this DAY I haven't found ONE regular, sturdy cotton, white, regular-collar white T-poop. The boys' section has nothing but polo shirts (???) and the juniors' section has nothing but blouses, which suck in all entirety because they're really thin and you can see right through them, and the necklines are HUGE!!! I do NOT need the freaking neck to span from the end of one shoulder to the other, man!! And why can't I ever find a good tank top? They're all peices of crap, because the arm holes are huge and slope outwards about 3 inches farther than the rest of the shirt (???) and the necklines plunge down WAY too low. I don't want to sound sexist, but I swear to God, if they don't start letting actual WOMEN make these things instead of MEN one of these days, I'm gonna shoot somebody.

Rant over. Had to vent.

wow.

FTG,
In case you don't know, Johnny Cash didn't write that song - Trent Reznor did of Nine Inch Nails.

Joe

and i hope those old people who go thown there are tough for fear of heatstroak. New england pretty wet compared to most places west of there exept the costal northwest.

North gets HOT too, the only difference is FL is usually more humid not hotter.

Joe

superimposedhope, well, Cash's version was the one I heard, so that's what I did.

Nobody has to "fear" heatsroke if the have the brains to avoid it. Know your limits and avoid dehydration and learn to recognize the symptoms and you're OK. And just because alot of people here are elderly doesn't mean it's all elderly people.

And I know from personal experience that 45 degrees here is a WHOLE LOT colder than 45 degrees in New England. When it gets 45 here, it is cold as HELL!! I've also been in Massachusetts when it was 45 several times, and it's not that bad.. I wore shorts. I don't know why this is, but in January, a specific cold temperature here is loads colder than the exact same temperature in New England.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We go jogging in heat Northerners would never survive.
it's not the heat I wouldn't survive, it's the jogging! LOL. darn i'm lazy.

Well, I'm not a jogger either, and I'm lazy too, I'm just making a point.

Walking outside in Florida in July is like getting continually smacked in the face with a hot, wet towel.  Some people enjoy this feeling...I do not.  Where I live is too humid in the summer too, IMO.  

I'm not a jogger.  Everytime I see someone jogging, I want offer them a lift.

I have friends who are joggers, though.  They say it's even tougher to jog when it's -30 degrees.  It is just as amusing to me to see someone jogging in -30 degrees as it is in 90 degrees with 100% humidity.

It's un-natural for a spider to be any bigger than a dime.  It's just wrong, LOL!  I hate those dang golden-silk spiders that they have in Florida.  Kill them.  Kill them all.  A spider should NOT be big enough to eat a bird.

If you like Disneyworld, Epcot and Busch Gardens, then, yes, Florida has a lot to recommend it. I like it because it has good and cheap tatoo parlours and flea markets.  But there ain't no fine or ethnic dining in Brooksville, let me tell you.

I don't like it because it only has 3 seasons...hot/wet, dry and hurricane. Oh, and huge spiders.  My parents had to evacuate 4 times this last season.  They were lucky..minor damage.  My bosses mother's apartment complex was completely destroyed. I swear a tornado goes through some part of Hernando County every day at about 5 o'clock.
smile_m_32.gif
 April

Well, I don't like the heat either, but I'm used to it.

Actually, if there were no spiders, you'd be inhaling flies with every breath. It's a scientific fact. I'm sure Alpha will back me up on this one.

Fine dining can go die.. fancy stuff makes me want to hurl.

naw... but there would be a bird, bat, dragonfly, etc. ...population growth.
sure, spiders eat a lot of roaches, mosquitoes, etc. but they're not the only ones and other predators would make up for the absence of the spiders. Just like in guam... they introduced the brown tree snake which killed off all the birds there and there was a huge insect explosion but then the spider population grew too and now they have tons of insects and tons of spiders everywhere with no birds and tons of snakes too.
goes to show the importance of ... brains

Great, you're a nature- and animal-activist to the core and constantly preach it (not a bad thing, FYI), but then I say one single naturistic and you don't back it up ¬_¬ Go figure, y'all, go figure.

ROFLMAO!!!
I cannot tell a lie. backing you up would be lying :p maybe if you said something that was right I'd back you up.
LOL (no offense... just joking around)

¬_¬

The cold issue is :
Wet cold and dry cold are different. Wet cold seems colder unless you're talking negative digits then dry cold cuts like razor and wet cold goes to the bones.
You can take the boy out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the boy. Thats not to mean I don't enjoy poppin the Crys when I get the chance. Outback beats the hell out of McDonalds anyday. FTG, I'll never understand your beef with nice things, the way Jimscott will never understand my moth and maggot.
smile_m_32.gif

AprilH,
I see your a tattoo fan, I think your the only one besides me on here.

Joe

Back