What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth about forum memebers

So true in my experience....

How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, just to add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

smile_n_32.gif

lol

you forgot... 2 forumers to start a fight and one moderator to lock the topic.

and

it takes 1 to repost the topic after a mod locks it

smile_n_32.gif

Right on flipside!

Sounds reminiscent of slashdot
smile_n_32.gif
Very nice.
smile_m_32.gif

LMAO. I actually find this rather funny! Did you create this yourself, or copy it from somewhere else? Be honest now...
smile_n_32.gif

lmao! i think i needed to change my pants.  so true!

kinda sounds like the "Evolution"topic. That is pretty funny

Joe

no, this is on the e30 forum I'm heavily active at....

It just holds so true for ANY forum I thought I'd share with my plant guy/gals since they probly wouldn't happen acrooss e30tech.com....

Jess, I have read some funny stuff on this forum, but man, that has to take the cake! Way to go; you nailed it right on the head.

That was actually posted on this forum a while back.. in fact its funny that you posted this as I had been thinking for a couple days now of digging back in the archives and bumping that old one lol.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ Mar. 01 2005,10:44)]kinda sounds like the "Evolution"topic. That is pretty funny

Joe
Don't get me started...

I post a lot on a conservative political site, and started an evolution debate. It is like being a physicist trying to debate the theory of relativity to the bag boy at Kroger's.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Mar. 01 2005,3:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 01 2005,3:08)]Actually, there is a forum ( http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ ) devoted to discussing light sources.  I think I saw this actual topic debated there.
HAHAHAHHA no way I'm going to have to check that out......
If you ever want the low-down on a piece of illuminative gadgetry, that is the place to go.

I bet they could tell you how well LED-based growth lamps compare to incandescent or fluorescent.

FWIW, I love LED flashlights. That's how I know about that site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

I'm in the industry and the correct term is luminaire.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Mar. 01 2005,4:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

I'm in the industry and the correct term is luminaire.
Yes, if you were in the industry 15 years ago! Anybody in the industry today calls it a PEM (photon-emitting module).

smile_m_32.gif

No, The term luminaire is the new term used by the 2005 National Electric Code (NEC). The NEC is now not only the code for the United States but it's an international code. Since it's been adopted by many other counties, the code committee is trying to use more international terms.

Back