Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cp's at home depot?  huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experiences in Northern VA:

Home Depot: Just VFTs from tissue culture in the non-winter months. Both typical and dente. Amazingly healthy (I guess they got bought fast enough to not wither away).

Lowes: The common stuff. VFTs and Cobra Lilies. D. adelae. S. whatever-is-most-common (flava and/or judith-something I think... sometimes purpurea). N. ventricosa probably (tiny and unlabelled, no pitchers). I've never seen a nep hanging basket.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some Home Depots have them and some don't... just like with WalMart, Lowe's, Target and (apparently) Kroger.

endparenthesis, that's Judith Hindle.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

I live in BC(Canada)and our HD doesn't have them,but Mabudons HD in a different part of Canada does.When I went to a few HD's here just like a week ago and I asked if they had or ever had CP's they guy said "what's a Carnivorous Plant?"and he was the flower guy! So I left right away,lol.I also checked WalMart but they've never had then,neither have Rona.It sucks*Trapper7*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RUN, FORREST, RUN!!!!
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay now, get this! I was in St. Louis last week and decided that since I had a few minutes I would stop in at a Lowes to check out their Carnivorous Plants (since there are hardly any Lowes here in Chicago). Well, when I walked in, there were two isles blocked off because they were using forklifts to topstock stuff. And wouldn't you know it, one of the isles had CP's!!! But I wasn't allowed to get to them!!! I asked one of the associates if I could go look at the plants, but the girl told me that the isle will be re-opened in about 15 minutes. I waited, and waited, and waited, and about 30 minutes later, the isle was still blocked off!!! I had run out of time and wanted to come back later that day, but had no time left to stop back by. ARRRGGGGG!!!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Aww that sucks Frogger!Maybe next time [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] I got a question for you.You have a poison dart frog as your pic,and I was wondering if you had any?(Not for sale,just curious)And do you keep any in with your CP's?If you don't want to answer me here,you can PM me.I would like to put some frogs(maybe not a poison dart frog)in with my cp's and I would like to know how I would go about that,and if it would hurt the frogs,or the CP's.Thanks [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] *Niki*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I hear Lowes and Home Depot are going to double their garden centers and carry more specialty and designer plants (I can only hope this means cps). I commonly see Neps in hanging baskets at Lowes. But you seriously have to be there the day they come in. They are gone usually within 2 days. Sometimes they post a sign that says "Tropical Pitchers Plants (Nepenthes) have been reordered. Expected arrival date is..."
    Usually we have just VFTs though some times others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At Lowe's, I have seen:

D. californica

D. muscipula

D. adelae
    D. spatulata 'Kansai'

P. primuliflora

S. purpurea ssp. venosa
    S. rubra ssp. rubra
    S. x 'Judith Hindle'

They come in little, clear plastic cubes. They are usually packaged singly, but the upright Sarrs come in larger cubes, packaged with a D. adelae and a VFT.

I've not seen them carry any Neps here, but I haven't asked yet, either. Given that the only Neps I have are N. x coccinea and N. x miranda, they would probably have something I don't have.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast