Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Animals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    human babies can't recognize themselves in the mirror... does that mean they aren't concious? (I know, I know, you didn't say that they weren't because they didnt' recognize themselves but it's just a thought)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recognizing themselves in a mirror shows they understand how the mirror works, but dosn't show conciousness. They could be using it as another tool for grooming, althrough it does show they have curiosity. Dont forget that some animals are territorial, and would not like to see its copy.

Althrough all animals are against each other, its a physical and chemical war rather than a mental/technological war. Its always the one with the bigger fangs rather than brains that wins.

Good point TheAlphaWolf [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] . Zongyi
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stop bashing me i never suggested that
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and no, territorial species can recognize themselves in the meiror, and those that can are widely tought to be amoung the most intelegent of species
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you didn't suggest that and I said it in my post. I didn't bash you one bit.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its me thats bashing, I am terriably sorry. Althrough I cant see what I said wrong? I was just expanding on your thought [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] .

Looking it over, is it because I put that smiley face after agreeing with TheAlphaWolf? I was just saying he had a good idea. If it bothers you, I can remove it if you want [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] . Zongyi
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to change focus. Animal treatment now.
    what do you think about modern farming? animal experimentation? pet shops and breeders?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not going to deny chimps being able to learn but warfare is instinct for many animals. After all, ants most likely have very limited learning capability(and much of the behavior is influenced by chemicals messages from other ants) to learn yet they wage war(if jealousy could be transmitted to territory and food suppy). I can't remember where I randomly read this but some who have observed some specie of leafcutter ant(Atta) claim they will use soldier termites as living machine guns! Lots of other more or less specialized "strategies" as well-dropping rocks down holes or using heads to block entrance-but I still doubt they involve any kind of learning. Humans have some "instinct" as well. No one needs to teach you and you don't have to think about putting out your hands to stop a fall. Its almost automatic. I believe that from fish up animals can learn to some extent.

Just some thoughts.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567