What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In general

what is your experience in having cps come out of dormancy, ie, how long does it take once they are brought back inside. all types, vfts, sars, and the like. I have had mine inside now for about two weeks and change, and I cannot remember how long it took last year for them to come around.

They usually flower first. IF they don't flowr they still peobibly have a couple weeks

brought everything inside about a week ago and put it in lowland terrarium. pitchers and flowers are starting to grow.

I didn't know they flowered right away. My adelae is flowering now, that was on a cool windowsill. I wonder if that kind of went through dormancy as well. My venus fly traps are growing pretty fast, but none have any open traps yet. I'm glad dormancy is over though!
biggrin.gif

VFT's, in my limited experience, flower within a month. I have never seen any of my Sarrs flower. I must not have done a good job of getting them trult dormant last year. Mine have been dormant, now, since mid-November. So maybe I'll see something in April?

mine flowered before pitchering, I have an AL001 that survived -20 degree weather this dormancy and flowered immediatly

Back