What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello i'm new

Welcome aboard Gulfensis! We are very glad to have you here and I hope you stick around, make some new like-minded friends and learn a lot about CPs.
smile.gif

I would suspect that in regards to your pitcher plant, its probably phyllodia leaves you are seeing. OR the plant received poor care where you got it from (very common). Give it some time. With proper care it will make new pitchers and start to grow correctly.

Also...don't forget to check out the Sarracenia forum. We have the forums broken up to specific plant families so you can get more specific information.

Plant prices can really vary depending on species and rarity. Nepenthes tend to be more expensive. With any kind of plant, the general rule of thumb is the slower they grow and/or the harder to propagate, the more expensive they are. Plants that reproduce easily from seed...say Drosera capensis...will be a lot cheaper and easier to find that say a nep which is harder to propagate.

You might find yourself hopelessly addicted as well all are here.
smile.gif

Good luck and thanks for the introduction.
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah I forgot to tell everyone. The Sarr looked like lack of water damage. (All twisted and stuff). Thats probibly what he meant by sideways.

Greetings, fellow Floridiot! *does the Spock sign* Embrace the Insanity!

Back