Thread: I need help from members who live in the

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey folks,
    I am getting ready to get a tree frog in a couple weeks. It is a native to your area (Racophorus reinwardtii) Java blue-web gliding frog. I am trying to get an idea water salinity for the habitat areas. Please, any and all help is appreciated.

Rob (Borneo), If your paying attention I know you probably have the info I'm lookin for.

Thanks
    Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

drosera guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob has a company named Borneo Exotics, but it is located in Sri Lanka. So he can perhaps now those facts from his travels but not because he is living in that area.

Cheers,
    Jan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Joe

I live in Bali in Indonesia, next to Java, and I am always over there in fact I'm going again on Wednesday for a while.
    Can you give me some specifics on the habitat you are talking about and I'll see what I can find out.
    I get around a lot so I may even have been there.

Cheers, Troy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    out of curiocity Joe, where in the world did you find that critter? ive come across gliding geckos in petshops here in Montana but i didnt think gliding frogs were very common here in the states. i never was much of an amphib guy though, i was into snakes. when you get pics of your set up, include a good one of the frog for me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Troy,
    Well, I am not exactly sure except that i know they typically stay higher in the canopy and are touchy to water salinity. I read that with some tree frogs RO water is just as bad tap water because it's still extreme end of salt spec for water.

Here is the distribution area I found from a conservation Org. This copied from Livingunderworld.com

Natural Habitat & Distribution

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    R. reinwardtii are found in Indonesia, East Malaysia (Sabah and Sarawak - Borneo), Peninsular Malaysia, Vietnam, China, and Laos. Their natural habitat includes humid, tropical rainforests, where they spend the majority of time in tall trees.

Rattler,
    I am going to great lengths to find this little frog in CB. I won't support WC animals. I will get a pic up ASAP. It's really coming together nicely. They are very difficult to locate within the states, to be honest I have searched thousands of online resources to locate a breeder in U.S. Expensive and rare make it a difficult find.

Joe

BTW Troy,
    Welcome back, you disappeared a little after I first joined. If I remember right, your avatar was a guy sitting next to a pumpkin or something.
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    next question, im sure its a very cool looking(definatly interesting) frog but why didnt you go with the commonly bred red-eyed tree frogs? sorry to hijack your thread Joe and we can continue in PM if you wish but im sure others will ask yah the same ?'s here anyways.

oh and BRAVO! for taking on the effort and expence to find captive bred!
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple pics that aren't mine but you get an idea. Largere photo is from Cal Photos of Amphibians

and smaller photo is from Livingunderworld

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler,
    I am anything but common and my pets reflect that except my mutt dog. I always take the time to go the distance to have the rarest and most exotic and flat out eccentric and colorful animals. My other hobby passion is Panther Chmeleons but they are a bit pricey for me at the moment. I will have another again.

Joe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast