What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New movies with cps in them

I just say Minority Report (Tom Cruise) on ABC last night. About an hour into the movie he goes into a greenhouse which is filled with Cps. It was great. I wonder where they got them all. I saw
S. leucophylla (flowering)
S. flava typical (flowering)
S. alata Black (flowering)
Another S. flava (flowering)
More Sarrs
Neps all over the place including a mature lowii
A neat animated "Cobra Lily" that looked like a cobra and kept biting things
An animated S. leucophylla x. purpurea (I think) that looked normal until a mouth came out and ate something.
It was so cool. Of course this was the only part in the movie worth seeing.

i thought it was a great movie, ya 9 saw that on barries site, when i saw the seen i noticed that, they also had a few neps, one looked like alata i wonder if they actually bought plants, or just filmed it in a greenhouse with those plants, like at ABG

Another movie is Mississippi Burning.

I don't remember how far into the movie, but Gene Hackman picks some pitcher plants and calls them flowers.

in mrs. doubtfire, when they are at the restaurant, theres a bouquet of dried S. leucophylla pitchers.

and in I heart huckabees, theres a poster of a bog and you can see what i think is sarracenia, and they call them "jack in the pulpits"

The CSUF greenhouse complex was used to film the scene in Minority Report.

California State Univeristy Fullerton

Back