SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Scott @ Mar. 19 2005,3:50)]
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Mar. 19 2005,1:19)]If anybody here watches the MythBusters...
    Didn't that experiment break down half-way through though?

If I remember correctly, the watering system stopped working on one of the test batches. Or something like that....I just seem to recall that there was a problem.
    True. But as they said on the show that the watering system broke down on all the tests exactly the same, so it had to bearing on the results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite a thread when mention of homicidal zealots is followed by a description of a broken watering system. I lost track of this one several pages ago - are both posting on-topic? If so; cool.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe they are referring to the watering system the murderer had in his backyard. I've read a little bit about it and it sounded rather innovative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Mar. 20 2005,4:10)]It's quite a thread when mention of homicidal zealots is followed by a description of a broken watering system. I lost track of this one several pages ago - are both posting on-topic? If so; cool.
    Lol, actually yes, the quoted reply is on topic for a previous post. It was regarding the show, Mythbusters, on the discover channel.

The episode was trying to verify/disprove the myth that talking to your plants help them to grow. In this case, they had positive recordings play(ie, "Nice plant, good plant, grow..etc") as well as negative recordings(ie, "You're an evil plant, I hope you die") play.

They determined that the one listening to the hard-core death metal type music, actually seemed to make plants grow more, rather then the positive and complementing recordings.

But yeah...this thread has gone in so many different directions
    Scott

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112