What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wisconsin church shooting

Any plants around here that would be subjected to Death Metal wouldn't survive all that long as their Mommy would be so highly agitated she would not be able to function well enough to water them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Mar. 13 2005,7:20)]I wish all murderers would  kill themselves too. That would sure save other people a whole lot of trouble.
Much agreed. I thought most of the most violent murderers were scizophrenic (sp?). That wouldmake it easier. No but on the other hand people feel comforted when the murderer is killed (not in his will).

So, this seems to suggest something about cp growers...hint"SAVAGE*hint...but I would think not since most are actually really nice since they have learnt to care through their plants...just seemed like that guy got too involved in the "violent" side of killing as mother nature does it so subtlely...no cps involved.

Jason

I love hard rock.  I like Death Metal too, mainly because I find all the faux bad-a**ed-ness and devil worship really amusing.  

Band I like to listen to, Death Metal-wise:  Black Sabbath! Slayer. Reign in Blood is a great album, but I also can't listen to it without LMAO.  

I prefer the harder alternative stuff, like Tool, Perfect Circle, Nirvana, Sound Garden, Chevelle, Queens of the Stone Age, Henry Rollins Band, Black Flag, any kind of late '70's to early '80's punk rock..ramones, the darned, the Clash, the Jam, the Sex Pistols, X-Ray Spex, and on and on.  

My band plays hard alternative stuff.  And cats and plants have all lived to tell the tale!  April

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Mar. 19 2005,1:19)]If anybody here watches the MythBusters...
Didn't that experiment break down half-way through though?

If I remember correctly, the watering system stopped working on one of the test batches. Or something like that....I just seem to recall that there was a problem.

I wish all murderers would kill themselves too. That would sure save other people a whole lot of trouble.

Murderers are people too, wishing suicide on people -anyone is horrible. Now formal execution is different, because thats just a punishnent with not a lot of mental pain
This guy wasn't insane at all, he was just confused and depressed.
Also...its kinda annoying...when topics about killing innocent people get..into jokes and stuff
Murderers aren't religious fanatics...unless they're satanic or wiccan. This is because other religions teach peace, and have some law or rule against murder

Its really annoying when people hate islamic people for september 11, because they went agaisnt their religion anyway
same for people who have no compassion to murderers, murderers have hearts as well, hitler had a heart.

ok sorry for the weird lecture

[b said:
Quote[/b] (droseradude @ Mar. 20 2005,5:48)]Murderers aren't religious fanatics...unless they're satanic or wiccan. This is because other religions teach peace, and have some law or rule against murder
Umm...since when did being a Wiccan make you a religious fanatic? And I hope you're not relating the two terms, Satanic and Wiccan, because they are two very opposite and distinctive beliefs. Wicca has nothing to do with Satanism.

But aside from that, based on what Wiccans believe in they're supposedly more connected to Earth/Mother nature then the average individual. And as a result, they're typically more pacifistic and anti-death penalty. True believers in Wicca aren't really the murdering type.

A quick Google search of Wicca beliefs will even show you, that a prominent belief is "An it harm none, do what thou wilt." Basically, do what you will as long as it harms no one.

Exactly what scott said. First learn about the religion and then you can bash it.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Murderers are people too, wishing suicide on people -anyone is horrible. Now formal execution is different, because thats just a punishnent with not a lot of mental pain
so you're saying that wishing suicide (meaning THEY do it to themselves because they want to) on murderers is bad but killing them is right?

Ummmm...Osama Bin Laden is a religious fanatic and a murderer.

History and even modern times are just loaded with murdering, genocidal religious fanatics. Christian, Muslim, Jew and everybody else, too.  

Read the old testament of the bible...there's lots o' killing and smiting in there, some of it by the "big guy" himself.  

Wicca and Satanism have nothing to do with each other, as mentioned above.  April

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Scott @ Mar. 19 2005,3:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Mar. 19 2005,1:19)]If anybody here watches the MythBusters...
Didn't that experiment break down half-way through though?

If I remember correctly, the watering system stopped working on one of the test batches. Or something like that....I just seem to recall that there was a problem.
True. But as they said on the show that the watering system broke down on all the tests exactly the same, so it had to bearing on the results.

It's quite a thread when mention of homicidal zealots is followed by a description of a broken watering system.  I lost track of this one several pages ago - are both posting on-topic?  If so; cool.

I believe they are referring to the watering system the murderer had in his backyard. I've read a little bit about it and it sounded rather innovative.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Mar. 20 2005,4:10)]It's quite a thread when mention of homicidal zealots is followed by a description of a broken watering system. I lost track of this one several pages ago - are both posting on-topic? If so; cool.
Lol, actually yes, the quoted reply is on topic for a previous post. It was regarding the show, Mythbusters, on the discover channel.

The episode was trying to verify/disprove the myth that talking to your plants help them to grow. In this case, they had positive recordings play(ie, "Nice plant, good plant, grow..etc") as well as negative recordings(ie, "You're an evil plant, I hope you die") play.

They determined that the one listening to the hard-core death metal type music, actually seemed to make plants grow more, rather then the positive and complementing recordings.

But yeah...this thread has gone in so many different directions ;)

Back