User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin church shooting

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (aprilh @ Mar. 13 2005,8:45)]I'm right with you Alpha.

Suuurrre....guns don't hurt people. 30 K+ people are killed in the US every year by guns that didn't hurt them. I could throw a .38 bullet at someone as hard as I could and it might ding them on the snoot or something, or put their eye out...but it wouldn't kill them. Something about the hammer and barrel comes into play here.

Another thing...I'm sure when concealed carry becomes legal in Illinois, all the permit owners will be getting exhaustive classes in the safe use of firearms. What a joke! That's funny.

Ask any big city cop what they think about concealed carry. That just means they'll have to treat us all like we've got a gun...and you know what that means. Like I said...if a person loves guns, they're most welcome to move to the Englewood neighborhood in Chicago, where they and their family will be surrounded by them, 24-7. April
    You're right. They don't. It's the dumb person who decides to pull the trigger.

What's the big joke about that? It's not funny. Education is the key, not prevention.

Sure, keyword "Big City". Black market guns everywhere. Perhaps you could enlighten me (through pm, see rest of post)

Anyways, I advise you all settle down on the gun law debating. First we're hijacking the thread, and second, it's a very emotive subject and always ends in arguing and the locking of the thread. If you feel you have to tell the other person off so much, do it via PM [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

PM me april and we'll exchange views and perhaps get a better understanding of why the other feels that way about gun laws.

Regards,

-John

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's another post on the new listserv archive I found from Sept. that almost proves this is the same guy.

Quote[/b] ]Okay I'll jump in here too. Not with an answer though.

I will be in Bateman's Bay for 9 days at the end of this month. Temps should be in the low 70's day, 50's ate night. Anyone know of any CP places to photograph? I am hoping to have a really good digital for the trip. I should be able to travel & explore after I've adjusted to the extreme change from Wisconsin.

Anyone have a clue as to where I will be?

Terry Ratzmann

>Can anyone recommend any good CP sites near the Outer Banks? I will be visiting there next week on a much needed vacation. I know its near Flytrap Country . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the chances that there exists another person named Terry Ratzmann from Wisconsin who grows flytraps...

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh its definitely the same guy. The article mentions he was into plants and grew flytraps. Same name, location.

How strange. But you never know what might make someone go over the edge like that. Its very sad.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (aprilh @ Mar. 13 2005,6:50)]Someon'e signature here reads: "Soap, ballot, jury, ammo ...the 4 boxes, and in the order they should be used." April
    That would be rattler_mt, IIRC.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Scott @ Mar. 13 2005,8:27)]
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Mar. 13 2005,11:19)]Too bad Wisconsin didn't have a concealed permit law. Somebody probably could have stopped him before he killed all those people.
    On and odd and sorta similar note, I have a relative in Georgia(though I always forget exactly what city) where you are required to carry a own and carry a gun if you're over 18. Needless to say, there is basically no crime from the residents

Now for the out-of-towners who are passing through and decide to try something, I've heard its quite amusing when half a dozen people suddenly pull guns on the thief.
    That's Kennesaw, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta. The ordinance was passed after the Morton Grove, Il handgun ban. The law is non-binding and no penalties are attached, but it had the intended effect. The burglary count in the city went from 62 the previous year (average) to zero the year after the law, and has remained near zero ever since despite the massive growth (Cherokee county has become the fastest growth county in the state) and despite being adjacent to Cobb county where violent crime is significant - at least in some parts of town.

I used to be a rather ardent gun-control supporter, but stories like this make me think that a different approach is required. We can't keep guns from dangerous people, but we CAN try to get more law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 13 2005,10:13)]
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Mar. 13 2005,7:03)]There's nothing like a slab of golden retriever on the bbq [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    Golden retriever's a little tricky. I personally prefer smoked chihuahua... you can even pick your teeth with their bones when you're done! >;-D
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]if you want to BAN (lol you prolly meant this) drugs, your BLAMING what drugs can do to people, ie BLAMING the DRUGS.
    eerr.. yeah I did mean ban LOL
    I don't blame drugs either. I blame the people who take them for being stupid. but ok, maybe that wasn't the best analogy. That's why i had two lol.
    and what about nuclear weapons? do you blame the nuclear weapons or the people that use them? yet you want them banned don't you?
    Quote[/b] ]You're right. They don't. It's the dumb person who decides to pull the trigger.
    I don't think anyone but the people who just want to bash gun control people said anything about the gun being to blame.

by the way... one thing is gun CONTROL and the other is a complete ban on guns. I'm for gun control, NOT banning all guns/weapons. Nobody needs a machine gun for "protection" if you ask me. Neither does each person in the house need 50 guns. the only reason for those kinds of things is to kill as many people as you can in the shortest period of time that you can. same with concealed weapons. If you want it for defense, showing it off is more effective than hiding it.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast