Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin church shooting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife will freak when she sees this!

I posted this on the CP LIstserv

Can anyone recommend any good CP sites near the Outer Banks? I will be visiting there next week on a much needed vacation. I know its near Flytrap Country but I have no clue where a good park, preserve, etc. would be. I will be googling tonight to see what I can find.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Glenn

and look who responded.

Okay I'll jump in here too. Not with an answer though.

I will be in Bateman's Bay for 9 days at the end of this month. Temps should be in the low 70's day, 50's ate night. Anyone know of any CP places to photograph? I am hoping to have a really good digital for the trip. I should be able to travel & explore after I've adjusted to the extreme change from Wisconsin.

Anyone have a clue as to where I will be?

Terry Ratzmann
    [I]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While it is true that the USA has one of the highest (or was it THE highest? i forget) rate of gun ownership in the developed world, you might need one in some instances to protect your family, and to feel safe knowing you can protect them. But i feel rapid fire guns like macine guns or uzi's are unececarry for protection, and would be a bit overkill.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sometimes the "mature" people just forget... but hey, maybe I'm just too young to understand the difference so who cares what I say.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remember, "Guns don't kill kids, KIDS kill kids."

LOL! I'm just messing around. I support the 2nd Amendment, but also acknowlege it results in more violence in the streets. Our muder rate is staggeringly high.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More people are killed by the government with guns then by civilians. No one is taking thier guns away.

Just wanted to dump some gas on the fire [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Glenn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with gun laws is that criminals by their very nature do not follow the law. A person who is likely to committ a crime with a firearm has more than likely already been convicted of a a crime and will not go through legal means to obtain a gun knowing full well they would not pass a background check. They instead steal a gun or purchase a gun illegaly. People who purchase guns legally are already law abiding citizens and are probably not likely to committ a crime with a gun. Sure there are exceptions, but by and large most guns used in crime were not obtained through legal means.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems pretty clear. Guns don't kill people. Religious zealots kill people.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]LOL! I'm just messing around. I support the 2nd Amendment, but also acknowlege it results in more violence in the streets. Our muder rate is staggeringly high.

Capslock
    We do have a high muder rate/crime rate, but Great Briton's is MUCH higher in proportion, and they have more gun laws then they do citizens! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]It seems pretty clear. Guns don't kill people. Religious zealots kill people.
    What in sandhill's name are you doing!? That will get you blasted(HA just noticed that pun) on these forums and then people will be jumping in to help you and we'll have a huge arguement and a mod will have to lock! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    I do have to disagree though, there is just no feesible way to prove something like that. Who do you consider to be "religous zealots". I'm asking because I don't want to argue over something and then find out you meant something completely different.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast