What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traveling to northern california

My wife and I will be taking a vacation, and leaving my precious plants in the capable hands of my housesitter, in a few weeks.  We are staying out of Angel's Camp, and heading out to the sites from there.  California Carnivores and the San Fransisco Consvervatory are two places we plan on visiting so far.  Any other worthwhile carnivorous plant sites that people would recommend?  Thanks!

You might see if you have time to visit Bugweed's Roadside Attraction?

Me! Me! Pick me! I live in San Jose along with VFT guy. Well, Los Gatos, the town next to it. It should be about an hour or so drive from SF.

I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Depends on how far north you're going.  If you go far enough, don't miss Darlingtonia Wayside.  Amazing!

If you're driving, i guess you'll go right past it, anyway.

I'm in monterey. A little more than an hour from San Jose. Angels camp.. Sounds pretty far up there. Near redding? That's really far up there. LOTS of pings and Cobras up there, along little streams near the highway

Doode, Angels Camp is south of Sacramento. In the mountains. Beautiful place. Brisco, out of Quincy, Calif. is a place called Butterfly Valley. I have found d. intermedia there, and Darlingtonias in times past. I have no roadside attraction, and have no idea where that came from. But I have plants, and you can come by and see them if you wish.

When will you be here, Brisco?

hey, while you're in california... I'm just north of LA
smile_m_32.gif

Peter

All right! Maybe a get together with Capslock, Joe Mazrimas, I will invite Peter D'Amato too, and a few other folks. Hope they, and you can show up.

*sniffle

You didn't mention me
smile_h_32.gif

Strange, Doode. I noticed that too.

I would love an oppertunity to meet some of the growers in that area! Give me a place and a time, and I am sure I can carve out some time in my vacation plans.

My wife and I already figured on doing a lot of driving out of Angel's Camp to see the sites while we were there.

Then lets see what I can do to help! SunDoode is invited too, just don't tell him.

You might think about checking out the Oregon vortex as you're passing through the southern end of Oregon, or Crater Lake. I think the Darlingtonia wayside is on a different north/south route than the vortex/Crater Lake so you could hit one on the way out and the other on the way back for some variety in your drive.
Have fun - I sure wish I had time for a road trip!
~Joe

Back