What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ludwig777s recent nep giveaway

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Well, I noticed just yesterday that my N. thorelii x truncata has new growth! Any one else having luck with theirs? Thanks again for the cutting Ludwig777!!
-Andrew
thoreliixtruncatagrowth.jpg

edit: my Nepenthes belii x ventricosa (Is this right? or should the hybrids not be italicized?) doesn't have any roots yet but it has a little growth coming near the top
smile.gif
(bigger than yours... he he he)

I am so glad people are posting their successes with my cuttings! I know the excitement at seeing the new growth for the first time.

With Nepenthes, you will usually see much foliar growth before the roots form...it is at this stage that rot can appear! Be very careful about keeping it in bright light (preferable full sun if your humidity is always very high) and you should be fine.
Ludwig

Well, 1 month later I'd say the growth is incredible with my cutting, Have a look.
the roots:
thoreliixtruncata-roots.jpg

And the plant:
thoreliixtruncata4-17-05.jpg

Being that I am not a long time nep person... is it bad that it is growing leaves from 2 nodes? Should one be stopped?
Thanks again for the cutting and the info!!
Andrew

All of my cuttings are growing and not dying so I must be doing something right.
I haven't pulled any of them out of the pots to look at the roots but they all have new leaves.

Looks good! Keep both growth points, and when they are larger, cut one off and start another plant; you'll get better growth on the original plant if one is allowed to remain, and you'll have another plant too.
Ludwig

Cool. Thanks for the info. At what point would I know it is time to cut the top one off?
Andrew

ive got a new shoot on the Nepenthes belii x ventricosa cutting. just saw it this weekend

Back