What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worried

I ordered some seeds from Cook's about 3 weeks ago and I haven't gotten any word of the payment getting to him safely. I emailed him and he's usually very quick with his replies. I usually get one within a couple hours but it's been almost a week since I sent that email. Does anyone know if he's had like...a family emergency or something? I emailed him a few days before I sent the payment to make sure everything was alright for me to send it and he said it was fine. I just don't know what's going on and I'm worried. Does anyone know?

Its busy season for him so I doubt he will get back to you. Don't worry about it I am sure he will send your plants ASAP. It might take another couple of weeks though. I have always had good service.

Thanks for the reasurrance. That was a quick response too.

Yes, It is VERY bust season. I ordered from him last busy season and it takes a while but it should be worth it. He is aware of the waiting time and usually tries very hard to move as quickly as possible. Most businesses are swamped now until June or so.

Joe

Be glad you didn't order from Bob Smoley.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
It can take up to 6mos any time of year.

Joe

I see, he should get some volunteers to help him out.

I doubt he makes enough to get workers.

Chrono was saying that he should get some volunteers not employes. I know if I lived in that area I`d volunteer!(I was a librarian on weekends as a volunteer for a year and it was fun so imagine how working for Dean would be!)

Btw.have a happy birthday Chrono:):;):
cool.gif

SIX MONTHS?!?!?
smile_k_ani_32.gif
That's insane!*Trapper7*(Niki)

When i ordered from him once it took about 5 weeks for it to get here. Don't worry, it will arrive, and in good condition.

Dean has recently gotten another job outside cp's. I would imagaine that between spring coming and his new job is keeping him very busy.

I just heard back from Dean stating what Ozzy said. I had noticed that his selection was a bit smaller, so i feared he may have gotten out of CP sales. If so, it would be a serious loss for the CP community, as i acquired many of my plants from Cook's.

Apparently some ingrates had abused his generosity and left a sour taste... i'm sure selling CPs has razor-thin margins these days. Let's not make life harder for those who do, people. Especially you young people- be careful what you say. I have noticed a significant number of indiscretions on the part of the younger members here. Age is an excuse for ignorance, but not for rudeness.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D muscipula @ April 10 2005,9:43)]Age is an excuse for ignorance, but not for rudeness
Hay, Hellz here,
lol i like dat ^^
anywayz, ya, i had the same "problem" with Cook's, but like everyone else, I was very satisfied with my order.
You should call him, when I called, they were very nice people, and explained the situation (a very busy time for them), and i recieved my plants the next week
biggrin.gif

hope every think works out for you, although dealing with Cook's I doubt there would be problems,
Hellz

To clarify, i'm not having problems at all, i was just posting a message that i thought should be shared- i put it in a new thread, as it really doesn't belong in this one. Cook's has always been good to me.

Cooks is an excellent business to deal with and if he is behind just bear with him. Ive never heard anything but possitive feedback from those who have dealt with him. If you are worried about if he got the order or whatever just give him a call, sometimes that works better than an email.

No comment.

What with his new full time job and all, I'd forgo the phone and try e-mail. I've left several messages over the past two months trying to place an order and have yet to receive a return phone call. I ordered from him last year and had no issues although the time it took to receive the actual order was as described by others above. Transition is tough on all of us.  It will probably take him a while to adjust to the commute of a full time job as well as the new job itself AND a full time CP business. If I am not mistaken, he bought out another CP grower and was attempting to inventory what he had purchased. That would certainly add to the work load at the house and then toss in a few kids and a wife.  I can relate.

I never ordered from Cook's.

I've ordered from Cook's and have nothing but good experiences. Be patient and he will get back to you. I,ve cooresponsded with Dean via e-mail in the past. If he is behind in responding he has a good reason.

Glenn

He is a very good man indeed. 100% positive feed from me without him, I don't know where I would get most of my cp's for a good price and selection.

Back