What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pretty flowers

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
My wife shot these the other day at ABG. I thought they were impresive so I figured I'd share.

P3090002.JPG

P3090024.JPG

P3090034.JPG

any chance you know what the top one is? the flower shape looks quite damiliar but its Friday morning and my brains not fuctioning. very cool flower and i think Darla would love it simply cause its a dark purple.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]the flower shape looks quite damiliar but its Friday morning and my brains not fuctioning.

Ah, that explains it!
biggrin.gif

lol see, and yah expect me to remember the name of an orchid genus?
confused.gif
???
smile_n_32.gif

lol @ Peter.
biggrin.gif

Boy they are stunning! The lip ridge on that top one reminds me of a cephalotus. The middle one is a phrag...they are one of my top favorites along with the paphs.

Thanks for sharing.
smile.gif

Very nice pictures!
Exceptional camera-work.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Mar. 18 2005,10:47)]any chance you know what the top one is? the flower shape looks quite damiliar but its Friday morning and my brains not fuctioning. very cool flower and i think Darla would love it simply cause its a dark purple.
from top to bottom:

A Cymbidium hybrid of some sort, never seen one like it but its definetly a Cymbidium hybrid

Phragmepedium bessea hybrid(Might be Phrag Don Wimber)

Not sure about this one. Looks like a Vanda realative like Aeiredes(sp?) But it might not be that

Oh, and nice flowers.

Edit your posts

The first one is possibly a Pescatoria coronaria but with that color I suspect it's a hybrid of Bollea x Pescatoria. There are some other genera that also breed in that group, like Zygopetalum and Colax. So hard to say for certain.

The second is deffinately a Phrag. besseae hybrid. There are several that look pretty similar. Phrag. Don Wimber, Eric Young etc

The third one is a Neomoorea irrorata (I think)
Tony

wow those are awsome! I'm definately getting into orchids
smile.gif

Yeah orchids make great cp companion plants.
smile_n_32.gif

Capslock

Back