What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I may lose all my plants

Look what happens to rear and female.  Hell is OK, though.

I CAN'T BELIEVE you got evicted!!! I am SOOOO sorry Ozzy,and also for you wife
smile_h_32.gif
You have my deepest sympathies!Good luck in finding a new home.How long till you have to leave?2 months right?

LOL@z5guy...that's a good one about the tree root tripping you
smile_n_32.gif

*Niki*(Trapper7)

no children, let's not play games with the word filter.
smile.gif

You know, Ozzy, a good point to make in this case (on appeal should you choose to do it) is that people that keep reef tanks harbor some of the most deadly organisms on the planet. CORAL! one only need search www.reefcentral.com to find the recent story of a young man who was making cuttings of Palythoa polyps, which contain the most toxic substance known to man Palyotoxin, and his dog ate one and died.

Should your idiotic judge decide to destroy all coral reef tanks in the town, I gurantee you hundreds of thousands of dollars and a few wealthy lawyer reef keepers would descend on your town and rip the judge a new one in a heart beat.

God forbid your judge every move to my town, I suppose I would have to give up my anemones, the store would have to stop carrying lion fish, frog fish, rabbit fish, many many types of coral...

I feel for you man.

(BTW, mods (like me) have posted several times in this thread. and just because you don't see the reply doesn't mean it's not there, we have a similar thread to this going on in the mod topic, where word filters don't work.
smile.gif
)

smile_k_ani_32.gif
No word filters?

My birthday is April Fools Day.......what do ya want? I'm paranoid about these things.
smile_m_32.gif

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ Mar. 31 2005,10:38)](BTW, mods (like me) have posted several times in this thread. and just because you don't see the reply doesn't mean it's not there, we have a similar thread to this going on in the mod topic, where word filters don't work.
smile.gif
)
Heh. I've had to do an awful lot of self-censoring in this thread. If I posted how I really felt, I'd probably be arrested.

I haven't had the time to read all the posts so forgive me if this has been answered. Can you donate your plants to a local public green house? Can you get everything back if you show the proper permits? It couldn't be too hard to obtain these permits. If you move to a new town where you wouldn't be breaking any laws, can you get your property back? Either way, an appeal will delay any destruction of your plants. Even if you represent yourself.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ Mar. 31 2005,10:38)]no children, let's not play games with the word filter.
smile.gif
Regarding the word filter:

I noted that it changed s**t to poop.  That's fine, there's kids here, and the meaning conveyed was unchanged.

But it changed a**hole to "nice person".  Personally, I think the word filter shouldn't modify (certainly not reverse) the general intent of the message.  Can it say "mean person" instead?

c***roach turns to a nice guyroach. Whatever that is.
confused.gif
You can't type in OUR Genus either.

guys this is neither the time nor the place to comment on the deficiencies of the word filter. I set that up YEARS ago and when I went on vacation, Phil and Mike demoted em to a Supermod instead of an Admin, to change it would take time and time is money. Just live with it please.

Sorry dude,
No more makin fun of the filter!

Is the sig better or does it have to go completely. I'll drop it if ya say so.

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ April 01 2005,12:19)]guys this is neither the time nor the place to comment on the deficiencies of the word filter. I set that up YEARS ago and when I went on vacation, Phil and Mike demoted em to a Supermod instead of an Admin, to change it would take time  and time is money.  Just live with it please.
Well cant you change it? As I understand all you have to do is delete the old words in the admin board and replace them with new ones.

LOOK WHAT DAY IT IS TODAY!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Phil and Mike demoted em to a Supermod instead of an Admin, to change it would take time and time is money. Just live with it please.

no, see there magic words "ADMIN" are not next to my name anymore. (nor do I want them to be.)

yeah but you could always ask if it can be changed....

sigh.... I could, if I cared enough about it. I also know that Phil and Mike are hellaciously busy, and that these forums are free and cost rather than generate money. If you were a small business owner with a significant portion of your life savings invested in that business, would you be worried about a word filter, or would you be promoting your business. If you want to continue this, PM ME, this is knocking Ozzy's thread off topic.

Well, I know what some of you are expecting. Before I get to that I want to make a little statement.
When I first posted this topic, I never expected how many people would show their concern for me or my plants. I also never expected how far some members here would go to help me. Almost everybody offered to replaced my plants, Somebody offered me their legal service for free, and one member even offered to send me a cash gift to pay for a lawyer, and that doesn‘t even start to list all the offers I got. Let me tell you nobody will ever convince me that there is a better group of people any where in the world that is better then the people right here at Terrafourms. You guys showed me that I really do have some true friends. People that I didn’t even know has offered to send me money, new plants, or to temporarily take my pets and plants. How can I thank you guys for all that you offered to do for me.

When I started this I was sure that the people that’s been around for a while, would think it was a joke. That’s what I wanted to happen. I wanted this to be a joke for the kids here, that’s all. I never expected that so many would really believe me. I never even wanted it to get to the level that it did. I truly thought that anybody that remembered the D.capensis last year would laugh as soon as they read it.

I really wanted to end this a week and a half ago. After I saw how everybody was behind me I just didn’t feel like going through with this anymore. How can you pull a joke on people that are trying to help you. It was real hard. I also didn’t want to call it off because there was people that had helped me set this up and they were looking forward to see how it would end. So I decided that I should just go on with the joke. If this upsets anybody I’m truly sorry. All I was trying to do was to make some people laugh.

I didn't do this by myself, I had a lot of people helping me. So I can’t take all the credit/blame. I had help planning this, and help pulling it off. I’m not going to name those people, incase they don’t want to be known. If they want to come forward then they will.

Again I want to thank every one of you that offered to help me. You’ll never know how much it has meant to me. If you ever need anything, you’ll know you can call on me. I just hope that you have as happy April Fools day as you have made mine. This year I guess the joke was on me.

Ahhh HAh! I have first post after the confession!!!
Even though you really made me look like a donkey to the list serve(I have a email to send you from Dave Evans, btw, lol).......nice one.
 Seriously, I thought I was going to quit the forums when I found out(somebody let me know after I posted to the list serve).  But your post above has quelched my anger. What a piece of performance art.

Cheers,

Joe

PS If you do something this good next year, you're plant food.

mad.gif

Ozzy...shame on you!   You forgot to say...

<span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:RED'>APRIL FOOL!!!!!</span></span>

LOL   My hat is off to Ozzy...the master jokester!  Yes, those of us who know Ozzy's wiley ways were on to him right off the bat.  I was surprised how many people swallowed the line though.  But I have it admit it was masterfully crafted.  
biggrin.gif

I think in the end, his joke proved somthing pretty fantastic.  Something we've known all along.  And that is that you folks ARE the best people in the world!  You band together and support people you've never even met!  This is a close community...a brotherhood and sisterhood. I think all you "fools" out there should be very proud of yourselves for how you supported and cared about Ozzy's plight. Good job!

Now...sit back and have a giggle and enjoy the day where being made a fool of is a GOOD thing!  
smile.gif

Well done Ozzy!

I had suspected it may be a prank, especially after your report of the first court date. But, at the same time, I've seen (and experienced) enough BS legal situations to know that, ridiculous as it sounded, your story was not unfathomable. So I decided, until you announced it was a joke, to assume it was not.

I think the lesson learned is to maintain an activist spirit, and keep informed of laws that could impact our hobby, and petition for necessary changes before injustices are committed.

I wasn't around here last year. Could you recap the "D. capensis" story, or post a link to it?

Back