What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I may lose all my plants

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] PS If you do something this good next year, you're plant food.
mad.gif

Next year just realize that it's intended for the new kids here and just play along.

Yeah I guess I need to send Dave a email to let him know that the N.bical he sent me a few years ago is perfectly safe.

I don't mean to add salt to your wounds Joe, but I have to add what what you posted to the list serv a couple of days ago.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Sorry, sorry, somebody told me this is an April's Fool joke building up.
Oh the shame!

Cheers,

Joe Griffin
Lincoln, NE USA

That made me laugh so hard.

ohhhhh Ozzy!!!
smile_n_32.gif

LOL Happy April fools day!!
Alright guys, remember to play along next year for the new kids.
smile_m_32.gif

Wrong Joe Ozzy
smile.gif
That was The Griffin who posted on the listserv

Oh you lousy sneaking rat!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

lol, I got really scared after you posted this:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You know, all I can say to the people that are laughing and saying this is a joke, is tomorrow my plants and pets will still be gone, and you guys are going to feel pretty bad when you wake up and this topic is still here with no puch line at the end.

I was beginning to suspect it was true, but now I am so relieved, So relieved.
laugh.gif
You're going to have a hard time thinking of any more better than this next year because with the publicity that you got its gonna be hard to keep everyone from knowing you're trying to pull one off even if it is miles from April Fools.

Now I really want to know who was playing along so I can see how they crafted their sentences to fit with this outrageous joke...
smile_n_32.gif

Still, I thank you for the laughs, it was great!
laugh.gif

smile_m_32.gif
I'm Joe in Omaha, Griffin is Joe in Lincoln. Jeeze Ozzy. Then theres Joe - Seedjar, I don't know where hes from, Pingman Joe is Tuscon.........Am I missing any Joes?

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pyro @ April 01 2005,10:47)]Wrong Joe Ozzy
smile.gif
That was The Griffin who posted on the listserv
I was talking to Joe Griffin. The other Joe just happen to post before I posted.

phew! What a relief. I have to say, that was an awesome joke! Beats anything I have done before!

I think Joachim Danz asked once...
Why do we use all these weird names over here instead of our own?
It must be that we are not smart enough to keep all the Joes separate(Joachim isn't German for "Joe" perchance, is it) and it's easier to say "Pinguiculaman, Superimposedhope, ect...Not easier to type, though.

smile_n_32.gif

At the risk of getting off topic I started years ago with superimposedhope and now everyone online knows me by this name. Only TF members know my real name. Although it has evolved from superimposedhope to Superimposedhope to now $uper!mposedhop3.

Joe

You know,when you write things like $uper!mposedhop3 you really mess with us dyslexic people
smile_m_32.gif

Good One Ozzy!! I liked it when SunPitcher started bustin out the caps in anger/frustration.
smile_m_32.gif

Hope you all have a happy April Fools!

laugh.gif
I never thought of that! I suppose that would.

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ April 01 2005,11:05)]I think Joachim Danz asked once...
Why do we use all these weird names over here instead of our own?
 It must be that we are not smart enough to keep all the Joes separate(Joachim isn't German for "Joe" perchance, is it) and it's easier to say "Pinguiculaman, Superimposedhope, ect...Not easier to type, though.

smile_n_32.gif
Well, I use my real name in my screenname, and prepended "Sarracenia" to help distinguish from any other Scotts.

My last name I only give out in PMs for shipping purposes. I am on some heated political forums, and don't want to make it too easy for some whacko to track me down.

I remember the dog incident. I got suspicious when they had to write in 'plants'. I knew for sure from the second court date that this was a set up for April Fools. Especially with the deleted posting. I just kept my lips shut because I didn't want to ruin Ozzy's fun and I find some of you guys funny. I don't think it's fair to set up April Fool's jokes two weeks ahead of schedule. I'll give you a day, but two weeks?

Ozzy you are one of a kind at making them believable, the best I've seen.
smile.gif

You're the man, Ozzy! I had that pegged from the first post, but only because we do April Fool's jokes at the office here every year, and I'm on the lookout.

There is artistry in your work, the setup, the reports, everything. I look forward to next year!!!

Don't feel bad or angry people, you've been had by the undisputed master of the April Fool's prank!

Capslock

I'm not considered a "prankster" so much as an "instigator", but I must bow to Ozzie on this one. Man, did I ever get suckered this time.

Barry

P.S. I wonder if anyone has ever been able to figure out my true name based upon my obscure Terraforum name...

We can tell strangers we have carnivorous plants again.
smile.gif

Was the "notice" you got that you posted in your first message completely made up? Or did you get your hands on a real notice and just added "or plants" to it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Especially with the deleted posting.
I never deleted any posts, I followed up on the complaint and I never found any proof that anything was ever deleted.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I don't think it's fair to set up April Fool's jokes two weeks ahead of schedule. I'll give you a day, but two weeks?
Well with my history here I knew there was no way I could pull off a simple one day joke. I don't know if there will be a next year. I don't think I want to do this anymore. After this one started I expected I would have my butt ripped off and handed to me today, which I have had in a few PMs and emails. I want to say thanks to all of you for not ripping me apart today, but the day is far from over.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]P.S. I wonder if anyone has ever been able to figure out my true name based upon my obscure Terraforum name...

I think I know, you're the Ivan dude with the glow in the dark sundews.

Back