Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: I may lose all my plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just wrong!!! You really need to appeal this. You may or may not be able to save your plants but atleast the outcome could clear the reputation of said plants.
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (kahnli @ Mar. 30 2005,4:46)]This is just wrong!!! You really need to appeal this. You may or may not be able to save your plants but atleast the outcome could clear the reputation of said plants.
    Yes, you need to petition the legislators who crafted this ordinance to change it to exempt CPs. I'll be happy to send you some new plants for free once you are able to care for them without harrassment.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, that just plain sucks! If you do move somewhere else, will you be able to still keep cps?

Also, if you wont he trail, did you still have to pay 200$ in fees?

Lastly, I do hope you get the media involved and on your side. Plus, get a lawyer, how much does it cost to hire one on average? Zongyi
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with hiring lawyers is that they are all $$$$$. They will only take your case on a contingency basis if there's an award that can be shared at the end, and in a case like this, there is no monetary award, unless Ozzy decides to sue for harassment or something, which is highly unlikely to succeed.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    I always suspect everything could be a trap... thats why I'm still alive
    N.A.S.C. Region 9 Head Grower

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/ZAK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought if you win the thing, the opposition has to pay the fees of your lawyer. Zongyi
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they give you any indication of what plant or animal they thought you had that was dangerous? If I had to guess, I would say it has nothing to do with the plants and everything to do with the snakes. Some people are just terribly frightened of snakes and do not differentiate between poisonous and non poisonous snakes. I would at least consult with a lawyer and then ask him or her about the possiblillity of a suit against the person involved. I would also confront the landlord and tell them that you are considering a suit to recup. your losses. If you do indeed have no plants or animals that fall into this category that this should be an open and shut case. I'm not sure what state you live in, but
    someone is hoodwinking the justice system. Usually before criminal charges are files there first must be an investigation into whether a crime was committed or not. When the investigation is completed, law enforment presents its evidence to the DA who then decides whether there is sufficient evidence to file charges. It sounds like the whole investigation process was thrown out the window.

EDIT: I just saw the outcome. I guess I was right about the snakes. If there is an ordinance about venomous animals and contrictors, then you are out of luck on those two. If the ordinance does not specify exceptions and both of those snakes are as said (one is venomous and one is a constrictor) than you will not win at appeal. The CP are a different matter. I would contact local and national media immediately. Admitt that the snakes are against the ordinance so you can take away any argument about your dangerous plants and animals before the prosecution can make it. Tell them your real problem is with the government confiscating your plants. Be sure to bring up the fact that these plants are sold at many local nurserys and at hundredst of hardware stores such as Lowe's and Home Depot. If you have a local Lowe's or Home Depot that sells thes plants, contact them and tell them that plants they sell are being confiscated. Let them get their lawyers involved. Create a public relation nightmare for the district attorney and judge. Let the public know what their elected officials are wasting their tax dollars on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Zongyi, we Americans have a b*stardized form of British Law. It works well for us overall but the result of which is that there exist very few situations in which the plaintiff has to "pay up" if the cookie crumbles unfavorably...the ones with which I have any familiarity are mostly real estate. Illinois has a few remedies available (counter for frivolous) however he is in a southern state and these issues would best be discussed with a practicing attorney in his state. It has been my experience most lawyers will spend some time with you without the clock running to get a feel for what is going on. It truly doesn't hurt to flip through the yellow pages and look for an attorney who advertises that an initial consultation is free.