Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: I may lose all my plants

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Mar. 20 2005,6:38)]Since when is a rat a pet? I think of them more as targets, for nicer creatures (hawk anyone?)
    Oddly enough, the only people on this discussion forum that I am aware who keep rats as pets are: Trapper7, Prizmbatch, Wicked Thistle, and Unknownclown. Notice a pattern?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a guineapig... does that count?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only a couple more days till April Fools!
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Mar. 21 2005,6:59)]
    Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Mar. 20 2005,6:38)]Since when is a rat a pet? I think of them more as targets, for nicer creatures (hawk anyone?)
    Oddly enough, the only people on this discussion forum that I am aware who keep rats as pets are: Trapper7, Prizmbatch, Wicked Thistle, and Unknownclown. Notice a pattern?
    I used to have 12 pet rats now I only have 6. But I still love them as the great pets they are. They are like dogs without the barking and jumping on people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know someone mentioned rats as pets. My rule of thumb is any mammal that is smaller then my foot (rats, small dogs, mice) (not bats certainly) well I guess thats all are considered rats miniture or otherwise and they should not be used for anything other then rajah food. YEs I see the pattern.
    BTY Ozzy seriously tell us how it goes. I am almost positive any sane judge will laugh it out of court. Bring anything in that will make the plants seem less "threatening". You could be like Ivan Snyder and bring in a pot of capensis (without any bugs) and lick a leaf or two. Obviouly without any bugs means don't have any on those leaves. I wold advise you not to bring in any books, or at least don't point out the parts about eating rats, etc. Oh yeah I copy of endangered Cps of the US might help to prove that they live here and are safe. Just google it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you would feed a small dog to a rajah? GASP! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] YOU MONSTER!
    lol... so you don't like fish, lizards, frogs, salamanders, etc either? have you ever kept them? they're cool...
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhh I said mammal. Lizards do supply my neps with food. Well the anoles that live here.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, God bless America eh? Ozzy, I think you should bring a rajah pitcher to court with a Cabbage Patch doll stuffed in it.
    Seriously, though, there's plenty of literature out there that explains (and I think this is in the Savage Garden) that Neps rarely ever capture mammals to begin with, and that it's thought to be more or less accidental. Do you even have pitchers that are mammal-sized? There are plenty of stunts to pull too - besides licking a sundew, what about drinking Nepenthes nectar?
    Another thought would be to call poison control and ask them to refer you to the toxicology data for your plants... if anybody would have that kind of information, it would be them. I think the only thing you have to worry about is whether or not your plants are particularly toxic. I can't believe that anybody, especially someone as educated as a judge, would think that your plants could pose a trapping threat to anything but feeder mice and ant farms.
    Good luck,
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast