What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I may lose all my plants

Is this another Ozzy joke?

If not that is pretty dumb since there is NO known plant that actively pursues anything but light.

Joe

I hope you lose all your plants and they get arrested and get deported or whatever to california so I can have em
biggrin.gif

Yea prolly just another ozzy joke..
smile_n_32.gif

well if u were u d grow stinging tree nettle from new zealand in the front yard that can kill a small dog and water hemlock an my bog garden, and then see if u qualify. Ok not really but that guy who walks his dog on other ppls lawns so it can poop- i will have my revenge

Tre..... o_O

HOLY COW, sunpitcher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! youre making me blind with that yellow!!!!! I can't read it... it kinda reminds me when I did that lime-green. I had like three people pm to tell to take down so they could live without going blind.

Last I heard..the stinging nettles in Australia and New Zealand can and do kill people.

But, Ozzy, get yourself a lawyer. Writs are serious business. You have no idear how the legal system can mess with you if it so chooses! Good Luck! Your landlord sounds like someone who has watched Little Shop of Horrors way too many times and thought it was a documentary.

MY EYES! MY EYES! MYE EEEEEYYYYYYEEEEESSSSS!

BTW i have a plant that is illegal in colorado growin in my front yard. They illegalized it there because they had something like 15 household pets die from eating it. I've never had a problem with mine so no one has told me to torch the thing. Why doesn't anyone bug me about that? It's poisonous!

April- the second paragraph you had made less sense than i usually do.

I got stung by a stinging nettle once, it hurt like a ***** for like three hours. It was only a small sting, but it HURT.

thats was just a american one

"The effects have been described as being first a slight itch, followed in a few seconds by a severe prickling sensation that quickly becomes intense pain. There is a background tingling feeling, on which is superimposed an intermittent stabbing pain, with sharp radiations passing in all directions. The injured area initially becomes red and swollen, the swelling persisting for several hours. The centre part of the area sweats, reaching a maximum after 6-8 hours and sometimes persisting for a day or more. After a time, stabs of sharper pain decrease in intensity and frequency, but the diffuse background pain increases. Touching, rubbing or cold temperatures increase the sensation. Pain spreads to other parts of the body, commonly the opposite limb (referred pain) and may persist for several days in the armpits and groin. It is this background pain that can recur for weeks afterwards.

While the effects lessen in time, changes in temperature, such as exposure to cold water, will bring back the pain. There are products that can provide temporary relief, but there is no known cure, other than the course of time.
"

Tuna,

I have a friend who lives in Melbourne, Australia. The stinging nettles there are quite deadly...they will kill a fair sized animal, and have killed people, too. Perhaps the people were allergic to the venom of the nettle, I don't know.

Most things in Australia that are venomous are hyper-venomous, meaning, you get bit or stung by it...you might not do too well.....red-tail spiders, white-tails, funnel-webs, stinging nettles...platypusses are venomous, for cripes sake! And that's not to mention the snakes. April

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TunaSurprise @ Mar. 19 2005,4:25)]MY EYES! MY EYES! MYE EEEEEYYYYYYEEEEESSSSS!

BTW i have a plant that is illegal in colorado growin in my front yard. They illegalized it there because they had something like 15 household pets die from eating it. I've never had a problem with mine so no one has told me to torch the thing. Why doesn't anyone bug me about that? It's poisonous!

April- the second paragraph you had made less sense than i usually do.

I got stung by a stinging nettle once, it hurt like a ***** for like three hours. It was only a small sting, but it HURT.
I ran into a whole bush of stinging nettle.. chasing some stupid rabbit up in washington.. talk about pain
smile_k_ani_32.gif

This is quite a hassle. But I highly doubt you'll loose any of your plants. I mena this is seriously the most inane thing I've heard. I'm sure one couldn't even get to yoru plants if they were dangerous! And If you do loose your plants I'll be the first to send some cuttings. I seriously can't beleive this its obsurd!

Stinging nettles, I didn't know they could kill people. I thought people made tea out of those and if you touched it it just hurt alot. I always wanted to have a patch of stinging nettles around my property if I ever owned a large several acre estate. Kinda like a botanical barrier of doom.

So what on the nettles actually stings you do they have nematocysts or something?

LMAO! A botanical barrier of doom! HA! That would be awesome, but just get a lot of D. regias (fully grown) out there, and they'd stick in them and couldn't get through. Plus, if they are too stupid to get out, free plant food!

Ozzy, if you do end up losing your plants, i will mail in a D. binata (dichotoma) cutting, a D. capensis "red" cutting, and one of these: N. Ventrata, N. ventricosa, N. alata. Cuttings, mind you.

Maybe the stinging nettle i got stung by was a less-lethal american version...

i dunno....hmmm......something smells a little toooo "Mark-ish" about this one....

yea.. ozzy this better not be a repeat of last year like with that dog skull ..

well mark. hopefully this is an april fools joke a month early... if not, i have faith the you'll be able to keep your plants. should you need some help bagging them up to ship to people, or need some one to babysit a few, let me know and i'll come out and help. it's been a while since i took a road trip anyway...

good luck!
tech...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ](2) Kills, wounds, or worries any domestic animal while off the property of its owner;

(3) Habitually destroys the property of persons within the Town.

LOL! I would like to see an eyewitness say he saw a N.hamata stroll into his house and consume his tree frogs. Sounds like its going on a killing spree...be careful of what you say in court ozzy...LOLLOLOL!

This really sucks,and I wish you all the luck Ozzy.I wonder how you'll get along with your new landlord after this.Maybe you'll have to move again?

And Kirkscoastalcarnivores,about your pittbull story,what difference does it make if the woman was 70 years old???She's DEAD and that's horrible,not to mention that was a horrible way to die.It's sad no matter what age you are!
confused.gif

*Niki*(Trapper7)

if this isn't a joke, there's nothing to worry about either. if the judge is some crazy idiot and says they ARE dangerous, you just appeal or something.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]platypusses are venomous
only male ones :p
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ozzy, if you do end up losing your plants, i will mail in a D. binata (dichotoma) cutting, a D. capensis "red" cutting, and one of these: N. Ventrata, N. ventricosa, N. alata. Cuttings, mind you.
guess what? i lost all my plants! send me some!
lol jk.

Back