Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: I may lose all my plants

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Well, I'm not sure what's going on. I was just served a notice that I must appear in court to explain why I am keeping dangerous pets. The most dangerous animal in my house is my wife's little ankle biter, and she don't even have many teeth. (The dog, not my wife)

Here's part of what the notice say's.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    It has been reported that you are in violation of Town Ordinance section 8b and d.

Section 8 b. Vicious animal or plant. It shall be unlawful for an owner to own, harbor, or keep an animal or plant of a vicious disposition. For purposes of citation issuance under this provision, an animal or plant shall be deemed to be vicious if it inflicts serious injury on a person or pet in unprovoked circumstances off the owner's premises, or if within any 12 month period, it assaults or attacks two or more persons in unprovoked circumstances off the owner's premises. It is also deemed vicious if it possesses an above normal aggressiveness, This includes but does not limit Pit bulls, Chow chows, Dobermans, Rottweilers, exotic animals or plants.

Section 8 d. Other Animal Conduct. It shall be unlawful for an owner to own, harbor, or keep any animal or plant which:

(1) Habitually pursues vehicular or pedestrian traffic upon any public road or highway within the Town;

(2) Kills, wounds, or worries any domestic animal while off the property of its owner;

(3) Habitually destroys the property of persons within the Town.

(4) Possesses an above normal ability to inflict harm to person or pet.

What do you guy's think of that? One thing that I find very weird is everywhere in the notice that says "and plants" is written in.

I have to be in court on Tuesday. It says that since there is a danger to the public that this will be on a rushed schedule.

Last week I moved into a new house. The landlord came over and he saw my plants and asked about them. I showed him the vft's and nepenthes. He asked a lot of questions. What are they? What do they eat? Are they dangerous? and so on. I always like telling people that the nepenthes have been known to capture and digest monkeys in the wild. You should have seen his face when I told him that.
    I think my landlord reported me for having dangerous plants. I guess I'll know more Tuesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROFL!
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lmao.. thats just rediculous. Amazing what people find to waste taxpayer money on. Good luck Ozzy. lol..

(2) Kills, wounds, or worries any domestic animal while off the property of its owner... *pictures poor N. hamata.. sitting on death row.. convicted of multiple counts of worrying flies wasps and ants..* lmao

Cheers
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That just sucks!How in the world can your small dog and your cps be dangerous?Look at all the murders,rapists and other sick people in this country and they worry about you dog and those (man eating plants,LOL).They need to get a life!I wish you luck dealing with these people!

Jerry

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Mar. 19 2005,2:49)]ROFL!
    What's funny about this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright, dont you even think about taking that crap from them
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oz, probably the assininity of it all. I feel for you. The nitwits of the world are in control, and the mentally stable, have no interest in that kind of power. In case you haven't noticed, it is getting to the point where everything is a crime. An accident is not considered an accident, but possibly murder, or something along those lines. How can a country of tolerance be led into a total state of intolerance. It is not healthy for the people in the country, and for the country overall. I see not much good in the future of this country.

45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzy, i really dont think you have much to worry about. i actually think i know where the referance to plants come up from. its probably some "idiots" way of preventing ppl from planting things like deadly nightshade and such and other well known "killers" to prevent some toddler from chewing on the plant and dieing(atleast this is the only half way logical way plants could be tossed in with dangerous animals) course what they dont realize is alot of common and popular flowers are potentially very dangerous. be polite before the judge, take a copy of The Savage Garden, answer every quetion honestly and seriously and i bet you have absolutly no problems. some ppl really make you wonder.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast