What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I may lose all my plants

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Well, I'm not sure what's going on. I was just served a notice that I must appear in court to explain why I am keeping dangerous pets. The most dangerous animal in my house is my wife's little ankle biter, and she don't even have many teeth. (The dog, not my wife)

Here's part of what the notice say's.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
It has been reported that you are in violation of Town Ordinance section 8b and d.

Section 8 b. Vicious animal or plant. It shall be unlawful for an owner to own, harbor, or keep an animal or plant of a vicious disposition. For purposes of citation issuance under this provision, an animal or plant shall be deemed to be vicious if it inflicts serious injury on a person or pet in unprovoked circumstances off the owner's premises, or if within any 12 month period, it assaults or attacks two or more persons in unprovoked circumstances off the owner's premises. It is also deemed vicious if it possesses an above normal aggressiveness, This includes but does not limit Pit bulls, Chow chows, Dobermans, Rottweilers, exotic animals or plants.

Section 8 d. Other Animal Conduct. It shall be unlawful for an owner to own, harbor, or keep any animal or plant which:

(1) Habitually pursues vehicular or pedestrian traffic upon any public road or highway within the Town;

(2) Kills, wounds, or worries any domestic animal while off the property of its owner;

(3) Habitually destroys the property of persons within the Town.

(4) Possesses an above normal ability to inflict harm to person or pet.

What do you guy's think of that? One thing that I find very weird is everywhere in the notice that says "and plants" is written in.

I have to be in court on Tuesday. It says that since there is a danger to the public that this will be on a rushed schedule.

Last week I moved into a new house. The landlord came over and he saw my plants and asked about them. I showed him the vft's and nepenthes. He asked a lot of questions. What are they? What do they eat? Are they dangerous? and so on. I always like telling people that the nepenthes have been known to capture and digest monkeys in the wild. You should have seen his face when I told him that.
I think my landlord reported me for having dangerous plants. I guess I'll know more Tuesday.

lmao..  thats just rediculous. Amazing what people find to waste taxpayer money on. Good luck Ozzy.  lol..

(2) Kills, wounds, or worries any domestic animal while off the property of its owner...  *pictures poor N. hamata..  sitting on death row.. convicted of multiple counts of worrying flies wasps and ants..*  lmao

Cheers
Steve

That just sucks!How in the world can your small dog and your cps be dangerous?Look at all the murders,rapists and other sick people in this country and they worry about you dog and those (man eating plants,LOL).They need to get a life!I wish you luck dealing with these people!

Jerry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Mar. 19 2005,2:49)]ROFL!
What's funny about this?

Oz, probably the assininity of it all. I feel for you. The nitwits of the world are in control, and the mentally stable, have no interest in that kind of power. In case you haven't noticed, it is getting to the point where everything is a crime. An accident is not considered an accident, but possibly murder, or something along those lines. How can a country of tolerance be led into a total state of intolerance. It is not healthy for the people in the country, and for the country overall. I see not much good in the future of this country.

Ozzy, i really dont think you have much to worry about. i actually think i know where the referance to plants come up from. its probably some "idiots" way of preventing ppl from planting things like deadly nightshade and such and other well known "killers" to prevent some toddler from chewing on the plant and dieing(atleast this is the only half way logical way plants could be tossed in with dangerous animals) course what they dont realize is alot of common and popular flowers are potentially very dangerous. be polite before the judge, take a copy of The Savage Garden, answer every quetion honestly and seriously and i bet you have absolutly no problems. some ppl really make you wonder.

whoa! I just noticed that it said pitbulls arent alout, I have one, he's really sweet and nice though, this lady in miami was killed by a pitbull attack, of course she was in her 70s though

OZ, that is terrible! What kind of idiot reports you for haveing a carniovorous plant? I noticed that it said that if the plant/animal kills while off YOUR property that legal action can be taken. Those plants ARE NOT gonna be walkin anywhere to find someone's dog or cat or whatever is small enough to fit. You can use that to help I'm sure. Same as what RM said, stay polite and tell him what he wants to know. I'll be praying that this is deemed as pointless.

Your landlord is crazy. Bring in a couple plant and a picture of your dog. I would recommend your Vft and biggest pitchered nep,etc. Demonstratte that they cannot "eat you".

This is both funny and sad. It's funny because these these plants normally only scare itty bitty insects and animals on the other hand it's sad because you might lose your plants. I'd just point out that these plants are only designed to pests and that it is impossible for one to even remotely injure a baby let alone a full grown human. And what ever you do don't bring up Barry Rice's experiment on VFT's digesting human flesh.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Mar. 19 2005,2:52)]
[b said:
What's funny about this?
Im laughing to that letter is just soooooo pathetic and stupid
LMAO!

but it wont be fun if you loose your plants or pets
common sense doesnt prevail nowdays, unfortunatly

Once, at my dads work, a man had a heart attack.
One worker immediatly rushed over and thrusted his chest to restart his heart.
The man who had the heart attack chipped his tooth while the worker was ressacutating(sp?) him, so the first thing he does is sue the man who saved his life for chipping his tooth.
And the legal people said to just let people die if that happens
just....idiotic.
Common sense doesnt prevail nowdays.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Mar. 19 2005,4:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Mar. 19 2005,2:52)]
[b said:
What's funny about this?
Im laughing to that letter is just soooooo pathetic and stupid
LMAO!

but it wont be fun if you loose your plants or pets
common sense doesnt prevail nowdays, unfortunatly

Once, at my dads work, a man had a heart attack.
One worker immediatly rushed over and thrusted his chest to restart his heart.
The man who had the heart attack chipped his tooth while the worker was ressacutating(sp?) him, so the first thing he does is sue the man who saved his life for chipping his tooth.
And the legal people said to just let people die if that happens
just....idiotic.
Common sense doesnt prevail nowdays.
ROFL

Thats just hillarious

Offer to muzzle the CPs when you take them for walks and everything'll be OK. The moral of the story is to dump that monkey-eating Nep legend. If he walked away from your story wondering if your Neps might eat a neighbor's baby, he did the right thing. See the tweaker post.

This is totally bogus. But as I siad bring in a few plants and demonstrate by sticking your hand in and stuff. No logical person will make you get rid of them. and your dog seems well small, to put it nicely. So I doubt anyone could have a problem with that. Yeah you should skip the monkey Story. BTW bring in a CP book for the judge to look at. A nice one, I mean one with lots of pretty pictures (Tony Camillari's maybe). and explain to him the size of the plants. How the heck could plants be dangerous?

That is such crap. What the hell are these people smoking?!? No plant can do ANY of those 4 things they listed. NONE! GOD!!!!! *rips hair out*

GOOD LUCK Ozzy and know that I REALLY care.. you winning the case would be satisfying for everybody on here as well.

Well you know if you were about to move, you could:
take a nomal VFt and a couple Nep pitchers maybe a Sarr pitcher or two. You also need fake blood, and a realistic scream. Begin to demosnstrate how the palnts are not dangerous and then after sticking a finger.hand in one scream and withdraw it quickly and bend over it. Apply fake blood at this point. Roll around on Floor screaming. Pretend to pass out with your arm under you. (Of course move demonstrations could be done before this). When the paramedics come jump to your feet and say "ta-dah". Now run out of the room or show how you are not injured.
Just FYI you may be arrested for something if you follow the above advice.

Of course if you did follow that you might ake it to national TV. Or adversly CPs could be hunted down.

Dude, that is MESSED UP. These plants are not dangerous. Only if maybe you kept your arm inside a fully grown pitcher for THREE WEEKS, you might lose the top layer of skin. Even then, it does't take that much common sense to pull the hand out. The only reason the monkeys die is because they are stupid. The mamas make a nest inside the pitchers and they don't realize that the pitcher makes more fluid and kills the babies. Also, they look for water, and they fall in. Now, think, what baby is going to go up and crawl in to a Nep pitcher?

I always stop at the rajahs eating rats part of the story. Now even if your plant DID eat someones pet rat, parakeet, etc. What is that animal DOING in your house to begin with?

Back