What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another auction

sent yah a PM on Donations, excellent idea, the last one was fun. Joe got me hooked on cacti with it
smile_n_32.gif

Is this going to work the same as last time(except for the part about somebody buggering off with the money-that was news to me too)?
When is this going to start? Maybe early may when most frost issues are done with?

Cheers,

Joe

Sounds good, I'll see if I have anything!

Joe

OK y'all. Please do not go around saying things we don't know is true. Nobody has stolen anything. The only thing that is a fact is we have not been able to contact Casper. That's IT. So don't start rumors that money has been stolen or "buggered off" with without knowing this is a FACT.

There may be reasons why Casper is unreachable. We are still working on that. Casper is a good guy and he did not need that money. He had plenty of his own.

For now, until we can figure out what the problem is, the money we do have is not available to us. That does not mean it may not be in the future.

Now that NASC has official officers, our treasurer can handle the funds...or perhaps Phil. I think he offered once.

Details of the auction will be forthcoming. But please stop bashing Casper without knowing all the details.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Mar. 22 2005,4:00)]OK y'all.  Please do not go around saying things we don't know is true.  Nobody has stolen anything.  The only thing that is a fact is we have not been able to contact Casper.  That's IT.  So don't start rumors that money has been stolen or "buggered off" with without knowing this is a FACT.

There may be reasons why Casper is unreachable.  We are still working on that.  Casper is a good guy and he did not need that money.  He had plenty of his own.

For now, until we can figure out what the problem is, the money we do have is not available to us.  That does not mean it may not be in the future.

Now that NASC has official officers, our treasurer can handle the funds...or perhaps Phil.  I think he offered once.

Details of the auction will be forthcoming.  But please stop bashing Casper without knowing all the details.
I'm sorry, especially with the "buggered off" quote, since you used that specific example and it's mine.

smile_h_32.gif

Its ok. I certainly understand people's frustrations, Joe. But we really don't know the deal with Casper yet so its no need for everybody to start throwing tomatoes. Suppose he was killed in a car accident? I'm hoping we can make contact with him in some way and find out if he's ok. Maybe he's just embarrassed for dropping the ball...I don't know. I would just like to know he's alright and we can go from there.

Aww, that really is a shame to hear about that money, I hope that it'll all be alright in the end. But in the meantime, I for one, would LOVE to see another auction! I'm still pretty small and I'm not sure if I could donate any plants, but I sure know I'd love to get some new plants.
smile.gif
It sure would be nice to have another one, I've been saving up to buy plants for spring so I think now would be a great time!
smile.gif

I have been waiting for another auction. I look forward to seeing anthocyanin-free plants up on the block and that's what I'm saving my money for... well I do happen to have other CPs I lust for that I would like to buy.

As far as contributing personal plants to the auction- no can do as my plants are either seedlings or newly purchased. It is the absolute pits that I haven't any plants even producing seed or growing to the point I could get divisions to offer for such a worthwhile cause.  But!  I have my "cheats" in line so that I am going to be in a position to contribute plants to auction off for the NASC.  They'll be healthy and hopefully desirable, just wait and see!

Yee ha!  Count me in!

edited to delete post and move to end of thread.

I am sure I can round a few things up;

purp montanta
'Lady Bug'
anthro-free rubra
F2 hybrid of 'Wilkerson's Red'
and....

a 'LEAH WILKERSON' so go smash thoes piggy banks and get ready for a real scratch and claw event!

I'd better get those Pingicula Agnatas<span style='color:blue'>[Edit: correct to read: Pinguicula agnata, do not change the spelling of species names to indicate singular/plural.]</span> up and running!!!!!! LOL

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]smash thoes piggy banks and get ready for a real scratch and claw event
 Filing up the old claws... I'm ready!

ooooh ahhhhh! an antho-free rubra (heart is racing)
oooooooh ahhhhhhhhh! a 'LEAH WILKERSON' (saliva is falling out of mouth)

for those interested i will be offering up a plug of my U. aureomaculata, a set of two plants of my two seed grown Drosera species from Hong Kong, and a "starter pack" of Utrics, probably 4-7 species. what and how many will depend on when the auction is. there may be more. it depends on how thouroughly i plan on cleaning out my extras when the auction comes around. and if i can make a suggestion, dont make end on May 28th, i will be quite busy getting married
smile_n_32.gif

Tying the knot, eh? Congrats man.

I may be offering some various mounted things.

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ Mar. 29 2005,12:53)]I may be offering some various mounted things.
do you even have anything else??  
smile_n_32.gif

and yes im gettin hitched. Darla informed me a month or so ago that we would be getting married the end of May. about 10-15 minutes into the conversation(read monolouge) she asked if it was alright with me. three years together and ive only had to sleep on the couch twice, not to bad a record. all i got to do is keep my orchids growing and blooming and she doesnt mind all of the room my CPs take up.

Only on the couch twice? Not bad!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

OOOPS.........we're gonna get in trouble if we hijack this.

Umm...........hhmmmm...........yeah, I do! My Epiphyllum is too big to mount, well actually I could mount it without any harm to it in the other sense of the word - 9+' and still growing.

Joe

I am going to be the temporary contact for the auction material and may be pasing the baton to PAK here very shortly. We are in fact going to have an auction this year and this has been agreed to at Committee- Yay!
To the best of my knowledge, no date has been set.

In an attempt to make this easier for Copper, I am reposting what I wrote earlier.

This post will be for all the names of people who feel relatively confident they will be in a position to donate plants to be auctioned. Gosh, thank you so very much for your generosity and any plant/plants you feel comfortable placing up on the auction block will be an absolutely great addition and so very much appreciated.  

I will be editing this post and adding names of additional benefactors as more people step forward and offer to donate plants.

So far the NASC has commitments from the following people-

herenorthere
cool85k5
Wesley
Scottychaos
Capslock
Kirkscoastalcarnivores
Finch
Schloaty
rattler_mt
The Griffin
Superimposedhope
LauraZ5
Jason Wong
Sarraceniaobsessed
Copper
Tony Paroubek
Bugweed
wolf9striker
PinguiculaMan
Tom Hayes, Li Chen, & Dave Evans
Travis
JBL
A Family that wishes to remain anonymous

Thank you so much to the above people.  Without you, this auction wouldn't be possible.

In closing I would like to ask everyone who views this thread to please pass the url on to anyone you feel might be able to donate a plant/plants and/or anyone you feel might be interested in bidding when we finally settle upon a date. If all who view this thread send the url to just 5 people, imagine the free "advertising" we could generate on our own. Please take a moment to share the existence of this thread with fellow CP lovers. I'd be most appreciative.

Thank you,
Laura
(WildLifeGardener)

PS, PAK did all the work last year of set up and I would like to direct everyone's attention to the '04 auction forum regarding what types of items may be auctioned in addition to CPs.

I'll throw in an autographed copy of the Savage Garden by D'Amato. He's already given me 2 books, so I do not need this one.

YES! Just what I need...my plants ate my last one.
smile_n_32.gif
J/K No, it is virtually impossible to find that book in the whole of singapore except for ONE copy in ONE library...

How about, 6 - blooming size Pinguicula 'Sethos' plants.

Back