What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another auction

Hi guys

I just wanted to make a note here. Don't feel like if you didn't mention something you wanted to donate in this thread, that you will not be able to contribute to the auction. Once the auction opens, anyone can donate anything they want to (doesn't have to be a plant) during the auction period. You can offer one thing...or many things.

The more that's offered, the more chances people have to get something they've been wanting. And once again, like last year, please bear in mind this is for CHARITY so high prices are a GOOD thing. I know that makes it hard for some people on a tight budget...but with this advance notice, start saving up your pennies or do some extra chores around the house. Last year we had some exceptional items offered. It was a lot of fun!

PAK, will the auction be within the next few weeks, months or six months from now, or do have ANY idea whatsoever at what the goal is? LOL This is gonna be fun! I don't usually do this sorta stuff, I'm planning on a piece of my D. 'Marston dragon', P. Agnata, and D. Dichotoma "Giant" oh what fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wesley...ANYTHING you can contribute to the auction will be GREATLY appreciated. It doesn't matter how "small" or how "big". This is to benefit NASC to get it rolling with some support funds. Even a dollar or two counts. It all adds up. 50 items at $2 = $100!

Look around and see what you have. Be creative! It doesn't have to be a plant, you know.
smile.gif
So even newbie growers can contribute too (if they want to).

The last auction was a lot fun. I'm not sure yet of the timing exactly but it will probably be some time in May...early May. Laura or me will be getting back to y'all soon with more details.

But....IT'S COMING!!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

May?! MAY?! Oh contemptible month of May! I know- I'll auction off my AP tests that I need to take in May.
smile_n_32.gif
See, now the problem is that I have very many difficult things to do in May, but now I have a reason to hope it comes quickly. Sigh, what a conflict.
laugh.gif
Oh well, I'll be thinkin' about anything I can donate... If this's half as good as the last one it'll be great.

--Jonathan

Cant you arrange a European auction aswell? Cos I REALLY dont wanna miss out
smile_h_32.gif

Dino, I think anyone can bid on anything that they want to...that is of course it is legal to ship the plant/seed/whateverstuff to your country. What I would go for is seeds as they are easy to ship worldwide. I and many other people will be offering seeds up for auction. Heck, even I bidded on a load of stuff last year - and I live in singapore! (Which is in case you didn't know is a tiny rock invisible on the map floating in the middle of the tropics)
biggrin.gif

Anyone plan on putting N. bellei or N. amp. up for trade? If so I will hold off till auction otherwise I'll pick one up.

Jason, C'mon man.......what kind of CPer doesn't know where Singapore is? However if it weren't for Nepenthes perhaps alot less would know where it's at. Singapore does have a few Neps, don't it?

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ April 05 2005,12:31)]Jason, C'mon man.......what kind of CPer doesn't know where Singapore is? However if it weren't for Nepenthes perhaps alot less would know where it's at. Singapore does have a few Neps, don't it?

Joe
Yes singapore is native to N.ampullaria, N.rafflesia and N.gracilis, I think. Those are the only ones you can find at orchid market sales...with soil that looks *like* its just come from the resevoir near my home, hmmm...

Trust a cper to know that.
smile_m_32.gif

Hey if you want I can pluck some out of the forest behind my home.
smile_n_32.gif
J/K

Weeeeeellllllllllll, I am lookin for N. amp. Nah probably shouldn't, ya know; laws blah, blah, blah.
smile_m_32.gif

Joe

Back