Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Another auction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to be the temporary contact for the auction material and may be pasing the baton to PAK here very shortly. We are in fact going to have an auction this year and this has been agreed to at Committee- Yay!
    To the best of my knowledge, no date has been set.

In an attempt to make this easier for Copper, I am reposting what I wrote earlier.

This post will be for all the names of people who feel relatively confident they will be in a position to donate plants to be auctioned. Gosh, thank you so very much for your generosity and any plant/plants you feel comfortable placing up on the auction block will be an absolutely great addition and so very much appreciated.

I will be editing this post and adding names of additional benefactors as more people step forward and offer to donate plants.

So far the NASC has commitments from the following people-

herenorthere
    cool85k5
    Wesley
    Scottychaos
    Capslock
    Kirkscoastalcarnivores
    Finch
    Schloaty
    rattler_mt
    The Griffin
    Superimposedhope
    LauraZ5
    Jason Wong
    Sarraceniaobsessed
    Copper
    Tony Paroubek
    Bugweed
    wolf9striker
    PinguiculaMan
    Tom Hayes, Li Chen, & Dave Evans
    Travis
    JBL
    A Family that wishes to remain anonymous

Thank you so much to the above people. Without you, this auction wouldn't be possible.

In closing I would like to ask everyone who views this thread to please pass the url on to anyone you feel might be able to donate a plant/plants and/or anyone you feel might be interested in bidding when we finally settle upon a date. If all who view this thread send the url to just 5 people, imagine the free "advertising" we could generate on our own. Please take a moment to share the existence of this thread with fellow CP lovers. I'd be most appreciative.

Thank you,
    Laura
    (WildLifeGardener)

PS, PAK did all the work last year of set up and I would like to direct everyone's attention to the '04 auction forum regarding what types of items may be auctioned in addition to CPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll throw in an autographed copy of the Savage Garden by D'Amato. He's already given me 2 books, so I do not need this one.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES! Just what I need...my plants ate my last one. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] J/K No, it is virtually impossible to find that book in the whole of singapore except for ONE copy in ONE library...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about, 6 - blooming size Pinguicula 'Sethos' plants.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys

I just wanted to make a note here. Don't feel like if you didn't mention something you wanted to donate in this thread, that you will not be able to contribute to the auction. Once the auction opens, anyone can donate anything they want to (doesn't have to be a plant) during the auction period. You can offer one thing...or many things.

The more that's offered, the more chances people have to get something they've been wanting. And once again, like last year, please bear in mind this is for CHARITY so high prices are a GOOD thing. I know that makes it hard for some people on a tight budget...but with this advance notice, start saving up your pennies or do some extra chores around the house. Last year we had some exceptional items offered. It was a lot of fun!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAK, will the auction be within the next few weeks, months or six months from now, or do have ANY idea whatsoever at what the goal is? LOL This is gonna be fun! I don't usually do this sorta stuff, I'm planning on a piece of my D. 'Marston dragon', P. Agnata, and D. Dichotoma "Giant" oh what fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wesley...ANYTHING you can contribute to the auction will be GREATLY appreciated. It doesn't matter how "small" or how "big". This is to benefit NASC to get it rolling with some support funds. Even a dollar or two counts. It all adds up. 50 items at $2 = $100!

Look around and see what you have. Be creative! It doesn't have to be a plant, you know. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] So even newbie growers can contribute too (if they want to).

The last auction was a lot fun. I'm not sure yet of the timing exactly but it will probably be some time in May...early May. Laura or me will be getting back to y'all soon with more details.

But....IT'S COMING!!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    May?! MAY?! Oh contemptible month of May! I know- I'll auction off my AP tests that I need to take in May. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] See, now the problem is that I have very many difficult things to do in May, but now I have a reason to hope it comes quickly. Sigh, what a conflict. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] Oh well, I'll be thinkin' about anything I can donate... If this's half as good as the last one it'll be great.

--Jonathan
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast