What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite cheese?

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Onions and peppers in cheese?

"OR"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Brie has an almost metalic taste...

You mean like blood?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The best meal in the world is a big juicy hamburg

..can I confess something to you? I hate hamburg, hamburgers and cheeseburgers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]That's because things with onions and peppers in them taste like CRRRRRRRRRAP!  I'm with you!  april

THANK YOU!! To this day my grandparents still can't get it through their heads that I will not, I repeat, WILL NOT eat anything with onions or peppers in it. But still, even though I though I had declared that fact very clearly many, many times, recently my grandmother put SALSA in my pinto beans!!! I love salsa, but only the juice. Yeah, that's what I said, I dip chips in salsa juice out of my hatred of onions and peppers. Anyway, I could tell immediately, because it felt/tasted like... hell, I can't even put into words what it felt/tasted like. I only ate half of it, then brought it back out and said, "You put salsa in this, didn't you." She's like, "Yeah, it's so good, I thought you'd like it." I stared blankly, at a loss of words over what she had just uttered, and then once again lectured on how I appreciate the gesture, but any idiot knows FTG hates onions or peppers in anything except fried onion rings, and even in that, the onions aren't the best part.. the fried batter is. But still, the other night, she actually ASKED me if I wanted salsa on my dinner, which was crushed corn chips with pinto beans and cheese all over it. She has made this SO many times and knew not to put salsa on it, so what changed now?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]string cheese

You mean that snack stuff that comes in vacuum-packed plastic and is shaped like a Slim Jim? Ehh.. I had a bad experience with that at my uncle's house in North Carolina... his kids had some in there, and I wanted cheese, so I got one out and started eating it, and it was dry as rubber, felt like rubber and tasted like rubber.

OMG I forgot my favorite cheese OF ALL FREAKIN' TIME... EASY CHEESE!!!!!

I agree with ftg...sorta. I HATE raw onions, bell peppers, garlic, etc. Roasted garlic and a good mushroom/onion sautee is a different story though! Pretty much anything I'll eat with butter, I'll eat with cheese. Except for lobster. And I don't really like cookies either, so don't think I put cheese in chocolate chip ;)

You'd toss your cookies?
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wickedthistle @ Mar. 24 2005,4:56)]I agree with ftg...sorta. I HATE raw onions, bell peppers, garlic, etc. Roasted garlic and a good mushroom/onion sautee is a different story though! Pretty much anything I'll eat with butter, I'll eat with cheese. Except for lobster. And I don't really like cookies either, so don't think I put cheese in chocolate chip ;)
Raw onions are the best though. When I was little I use to go out to my mom's garden and dig them up, rinse them off and eat them straight. Same thing with peppers and other veggies. Now cooked onions/peppers. Now I stear clear of those yuck. I'd rather have plants that still have a little life left in them.

Back