User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets discuss beliefs

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Mar. 21 2005,2:10)]Yeah I did not mean possessing type things. What does everyone thing happens after you die? I am curious to know.
    There's only one way to find out...

*BOOM*

Just kidding

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ Mar. 21 2005,5:16)]I believe there is one of 2 outcomes
    1 You go to heaven and live with God, and Jesus foorever
    2 you go to hell and suffer eternally
    Those are jsut my beliefs I dont mean to argue
    I'll second that. I believe in spirits, angels, demons etc... but not ghosts like those you see on tv or in those shows about haunted houses(ie the Travel Channel at Halloween).
    On another note I don't spell forever with two o's. LOL
    I know lots of people who have seen both.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I believe there is one of 2 outcomes
    1 You go to heaven and live with God, and Jesus foorever
    2 you go to hell and suffer eternally
    Those are jsut my beliefs I dont mean to argue
    isn't there the purgatory too? I don't get the purgatory... can anyone tell me what the purgatory is? just a waiting room? and isn't there the lake of fire too? although nobody is in there right now...
    I think it may be possible for ghosts to exist, but I believe in them (meaning if you show me clear cut evidence I will believe it... but things like those tapes where you hear the ghosts speaking to you or compasses messing up don't convince me because those things don't only happen whith ghosts, or they're just tricks of the mind)
    and of course me not having any religion and all I don't believe in jesus (being a diety/son of diety... I think he probably did exist but one: there's no evidence he existed and two: if he did exist I think all the stories are just made up), heaven, hell, adam and eve, noah's ark, angels, demons, etc.
    Quote[/b] ]What does everyone thing happens after you die? I am curious to know.
    lol.. ok so that was the ghost-in-earth kind of ghost... as for what I believe happens after you die, I have no clue. Do I believe in souls? not really... why not? why should I?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no purgatory. Nothing in the Bible about it. Lake of fire? Yup, talked about in Revelation - satan's future forwarding address.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeah. if you have been indoctrinated with a religion or a cultish belief, you sort of go to an "island" and that's your heaven. an "island" is sort of like an area in the "afterlife" where everyone thinks like you.

for example, theres a methodist island, a babtist island, an episcopalian (sp?) island, a satanist island, and island for each cult, an island for everything. i say island because it's easy lol.

people who commit suicide or die of something horrible like a drug overdose can also become "stuck" in an area. all of these people can be stuck untill they open their mind or someone else comes to get them.

i didn't make all of this up out of the air. i'm really into new age stuff.

to sum it up, i believe that your in control of your "afterlife" and that what you will think will happen probably will.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also believe that plants, animals, even the most humble protizoa has a soul or essence, however i don't think that the same set of "rules" applies to them. i'm still working on that part

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JLP,
    hmm, I don't believe I've ever heard that, pretty interesting though. I guess you do learn somethin new everyday LOL

Jimscott/AW,
    I think(don't quote me on this) that Catholics believe in pergatory(sp). Like you wait in sort of a waiting room and when Christ returns to the earth that they join him in going back to heaven. I think that's right.

AW,
    Jesus was a really man, the Islam have him as a basis, and the Jews also have him in their records(shouldn't they he was considered to be one of the prophets(unless they are Messianic). Most all historians even Atheists know that he existed. And no, the stories were not made up, Jews, Muslims, and Athiests have documented his actions. They don't all agree on what He said (that he's the son of God), but he is definately documented for the miracles. I would need to ask my pastor for the documents that show that.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with JLP on animals and plants with "souls" (for lack of a better word). As for afterlife I believe in a culmination of religion things. I mean after something dies it is born as something else (but not with Castes like the Hindus believe). That would explain rememberances from a past life. Of course the "souls" would contain the essence of the creature, hence brilliant people interested in lots of things (commonly known as rennasance men) could have ties between those people. Or whatever. Alexander to William, etc. Even though they are not related. Another option is staying or temporarily staying as ghosts but only if they want to know something or similar (My Great-Grandmother, who literally freaked me out). Theoretically there would be a "god" or sorts who chose what your "soul" became. And of course there would be limited souls that would be created and destroyed in proportional numbers except during the "beginnig" when they were just created not really destroyed. I would say extinction would be the transfering of those animals souls into thriving species. Of course this will probibly require furthur explaination and will not make sense to lots of people but it does to me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast