Likes Likes:  0
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets discuss beliefs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Mar. 24 2005,5:59)]i disagree because water cannot exist as a solid, liquid, and gas ALL AT ONCE. for example, you can't have one ice cube, while at the same time it's a cube of liquid water (which without a container or gravity, is impossible) and while it is a solid AND liquid, it's also water vapor (gas) at the same time. it's impossible.

and yes, they should have removed the ten commandments.
    well, technically, at the triple point it exists as all three...
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Mar. 24 2005,6:21)]H-3 is radioactive. I don't remember what it is used for though.
    Tritium is sometimes used in luminous watch dials, but it's mostly used to boost the efficiency of nuclear weapons.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Man, that's a lot of litter boxes! That reminds me of a certain link to a special, edible cat box.
    Tee he, I have 12 litter boxes and I have no idea how many she has but there certainly isn't an edible one in the bunch. Were you referring to that disgusting Halloween Kitty Litter Cake recipe that makes everyone gag?
    http://www.bertc.com/kitty.htm
    I'm the one who has the Maine Coon looking cat. He's probably nothing more than a DLH with the Maine Coon coloration but he certainly is a nice looking animal.

April left early this morning to visit her parents in Florida. She won't be back for a while and she doesn't have a lap top. Shame as I have no doubt she'd really love to jump in to this thread.

Good point here Jim,
    Quote[/b] ]There are Hebrew letters that look similar enough to have been confused
    Another valid point-
    Quote[/b] ]Someimes translating from one language to another is problematic, partially because there may be more than one meaning for a word, or that one language doesn't have word to adequately describe the meaning being conveyed.
    Hey endparenthesis, loved your links.
    Note what is indicated here regarding reincarnation-
    http://members.aol.com/LazerA/archive/belief.html

Before I have to go and finish packing to get out of here I want to attempt to add a different spin on this topic.
    The way I figure it is that there is a heaven and I'm going when I die. Everyone here is going there with me because my beliefs parallel what was written by Eliezer C. Abrahamson. The Christians, Non-Christians, atheists, and agnostics here at Terra are all good people in my humble opinion so you're all going regardless of your beliefs because it looks like you're all covered (whether you want to be or not) even if you have to spend 12 months in Hell before you come and join the others. Bottom line, believe what you want if you are a good and honorable person as there are safety nets out there in my belief system! Here's wishing all a happy spring break!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like we're all set then laura. your religion is definately more fair and believable than "christianity". [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's convenient, I'll give you that. Just? maybe not.
    the cellist

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i personally dont believe it. but what's unjust about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rewarding everybody wether they deserve it or not. It's kinda like putting a maximum 6 month sentence on any crime in the U.S..
    the cellist

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Mar. 25 2005,12:54)]Tee he, I have 12 litter boxes and I have no idea how many she has but there certainly isn't an edible one in the bunch. Were you referring to that disgusting Halloween Kitty Litter Cake recipe that makes everyone gag?
    http://www.bertc.com/kitty.htm

Yup, that's the one! I enjoyed it - I mean I enjoyed the picture and the creativity. Not sure I'd rank it above a cheesecake or anything else for that matter.

I'm the one who has the Maine Coon looking cat. He's probably nothing more than a DLH with the Maine Coon coloration but he certainly is a nice looking animal.

Domestic Long Hair? Yes, a beautiful cat!

April left early this morning to visit her parents in Florida. She won't be back for a while and she doesn't have a lap top. Shame as I have no doubt she'd really love to jump in to this thread.

I suspect the thread will be kicking around for her when she gets back!

Good point here Jim,
    Quote[/b] ]There are Hebrew letters that look similar enough to have been confused
    (Thanks) A Rosh and a Daled are two letters that have cause a little confusion. The Hebrew poetry and prose, where they rhyme concepts (not sounds) is interesting. But the changing of a consonant to be play on words is different than what we so. E.G.: Ya - a - cov (Jacob) and Yabbock (River) are used to make a point.

Then there are those blasted vowels that aren't there in the original manuscripts. So ya have to guess what the sounds were and what form of the word was intended.

Another valid point-
    Quote[/b] ]Sometimes translating from one language to another is problematic, partially because there may be more than one meaning for a word, or that one language doesn't have word to adequately describe the meaning being conveyed.
    What was that one example of our language having one word for snow and another has several, to decribe many types of flakes?
    Linguistics isn't easy, but one thing about the Bible is that it is the most studied / scrutinized / critiqued book ever published.