Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Lets discuss beliefs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well..like I said, there is more to it than the little excerpt I posted..
    I cant post the entire book in this thread!
    if you still disagree after reading the book, then fine..
    but you cant really discard the theory if you havent heard the WHOLE theory..

sorry..I guess I probably shouldnt have tried to explain it, because im not able to explain it fully without posting 3 or 4 entire chapters..it would be far better to simply say "read the book"!
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Luis, thanks for the ctrl + f!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]In school I learned history, math, science, english, art, a few other things. Never atheism. By definition, atheism is still a stance on the state of the spiritual world... I wouldn't give it a place in public schools either. Agnosticism might find its way in there, but I don't think there's really anything harmful about saying, "I don't know."
    Guess what, there is no way to teach history or science or social studies, without teaching it from a certain worldview. In this country, public schools teach from a worldview that bows to science and political correctness.

Peter
    the cellist

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys before you think I'm being scared off, I think I'm gonna take a breather from this topic. I'LL BE BACK THOUGH!!! MUAHAHAHA.... anyway random and over dramatic. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif[/img]
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]In this country, public schools teach from a worldview that bows to science and political correctness.
    so you'd rather it bow to something that offends millions of people and has absolutely NO basis in real life? something you can't see, test, etc? What religion would that be anyway? what makes you think YOU can dominate over the rest of the country? and what sect of that religion would that be?
    If you do want that... then go to private schools. Don't mess with public schools.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]so you'd rather it bow to something that offends millions of people and has absolutely NO basis in real life?
    I'm only saying that you can't be complaining about being bombarded with Christian ideas, when we have to spend the first 18 years of our life being bombarded with atheism.

Maybe Christianity offends people, but these are the same people who are all for tolerance.

And as for basis in real life, God has more basis in real life than anything or anyone else I know.

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Rubra @ Mar. 29 2005,1:09)]I'm only saying that you can't be complaining about being bombarded with Christian ideas, when we have to spend the first 18 years of our life being bombarded with atheism.
    The notion that there might not be a supreme being never even occurred to me until high school maybe... and it wasn't inspired by anything I learned there.

Maybe this is that christian-atheist polarity I mentioned surfacing again... if they aren't teaching christianity it must be concluded that they're teaching atheism?

Should we conclude that church is anti-education because they don't spend their time teaching math, science, etc? Wouldn't that be absurd?

Quote[/b] ]Maybe Christianity offends people, but these are the same people who are all for tolerance.
    How quickly would the average Christian start demanding separation of church and state if teachers started subtly inserting Hindu beliefs into all their lessons? "One nation, under Brahma" maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]The notion that there might not be a supreme being never even occurred to me until high school maybe... and it wasn't inspired by anything I learned there.
    If that was the case, it was probably because you never though about it. Wether you thought about it conciously or not, what you learned, you learned from an atheist viewpoint.

Quote[/b] ]Should we conclude that church is anti-education because they don't spend their time teaching math, science, etc? Wouldn't that be absurd?
    That would be absurd. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with that.

Quote[/b] ]How quickly would the average Christian start demanding separation of church and state if teachers started subtly inserting Hindu beliefs into all their lessons?
    I don't know about the average Christian, but I certainly am all for separation of church and state.

Peter
    the cellist