Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Another one bites the dust

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess a few of the people here that are complaining are forgetting that no one is holding you down forcing you to belong to this forum. If it is that horrible in your eyes then just leave. The mods to a great job without ever getting any 'ataboys' from the members. They always seem to get negative feedback and never positive. Whining about a free service that is offered to you really shows the need for some maturing.
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sundoode, I find it really funny that the only times you report other members is when they did the same thing that you have been warned over and over about.
    And the reason that you see somebody with a sig too big for over a week before it's changed is because we send them a pm asking them to change it. When you kept doing it over and over, we realized that a nice pm didn't work with you. We had to change it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the forums are appropriately moderated. Sundoode, I know there have been times where you've been treated too severely and unfairly. But, at the same time, you don't know when to stop and bring it on yourself. It goes both ways.

The mods ARE charged with reading every post, and it's not fun. They do it voluntarily, and are not paid. And from the responses here, I think their motivation to participate is greatly decreased by the total lack of appreciation for what they do.

This forum is not an entitlement. It's a favor to everyone here from phil and all the others who make it happen. When someone gives you a gift, you don't nitpick everything that's wrong with it. You simply express appreciation for it, and be happy for what it is.

Many of the young people here don't understand the dynamics of this sort of thing. Not because you're dumb, but because you've never done something like it. I spent several years of my life making a computer game with my crew, and when it came out, it was a hit. But if you go to the game forums, they're just dripping with sarcastic, bitter, seriously angry, and vulgar insults about how stupid we are, and how it could be so much better if we weren't such idiots. It's enough to make you wonder why you bothered in the first place.

If you think there's a better CP forum that's possible, don't complain about it here, MAKE ONE. It's easy and cheap to do, so just do it. You might find it's not anywhere near as easy as you think it is to keep it running and to deal with all the issues that people bring.

But while you're here, realize you're a guest, and that this place is a gift.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,7:40)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Mar. 22 2005,4:37)]You people are childish. You don't like it here, then LEAVE.
    As I said. Namecalling. But not as bad as usual.
    I don't see any namecalling. I see somebody posted an opinion. This whole thread has been you guys giving your opinion about us. Now you are complaining that somebody else gave an opinion. I just can't figure you guys out.
    I think this whole thread is just to see how far you can push the mods before we push back.

Sigh.. I'm done [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] I just wanted answers.

But I took it too far.

I feel like shibby...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK...

So, I rarely get the opportunity to chime in anymore. Why? you may ask.. because the moderators do a fantastic job of keeping these forums a place to post anything from questions by first time flytrap owners to people propagating exotic nepenthes.

These forums were intended as a resource for our customers and anyone on the internet that had a curiosity about carnivorous plants... not a friggin' play ground!

This is NOT romper room...

This is NOT day care...

This is NOT where you go to spend your time filling up MY hard drives with USELESS crap about adding words to a sentence, bumping topics, who's on top .. games... useless polls etc.

At some point, we as moderators and *I* as the owner of the board have to put forth some rules. The rules are basic... they are not even really rules! 1) Post with respect - 2) don't be a fool!

That's pretty much my rule book... and if you look at what the moderators have done .. they've deleted disrespectful posts (whether towards another member, towards my company, or my forums). And they sometimes (not often) delete the ignorant childish crap that wastes time and disk space.

If you want a forum to bounce up and down in like a 2 year old and be completely idiotic, start your own. This is not the place.

It is, however, a place for carnivorous plant discussions -- or sometimes just discussions about life, chatter about friendships, challenges we face as people, thoughs on the world... or whatever... but GROW UP!!!

My words to you Spec - JRpower - Sundood - John or WHATEVER you want to call yourself today: GO AWAY. I don't want you here. You are a rude disrespectful instigator. You were allowed to come back, much against my wishes, because we thought you had something positive to contribute. Well, it turns out that you're as lame as your childish posts.

I don't have time for you.

The moderators don't have time to watch for your next stupid move.

This board doesn't have the patience to deal with you any longer.

And I'll be darned if i allow one more KB of data on my server to go to your useless chatter.

So consider yourself gone.

Go to CPUK

Go to Gardenweb

Go to Omnisterra

Go wherever they won't ban you for life and ramble about useless crap!

Just Don't do it here!

Why this public flame?

Because I'm sick and TIRED of listening to you whine. Tired of you thinking people get favoritism or preferential treatment. It's because you are a blundering block head and EVERYONE - even the bacteria under my toenails would get preferential treatment over you.

Good bye John.

Find a new playground.

And - I'm not locking this topic... or deleting it... I'm simply removing you from our boards. If anyone else has an opinion, feel free to post. So far, they're valid for the most part and afterall, they are just opinions.

Peace!

-Phillip

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    Phillip J. Crane
    Austin, TX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well all I can say is I am shocked. My reason for closing the game thread was posted in the thread. It is a fact that many members have left because of piles and piles of threads such as the one I locked. My concern is for the forum community as a whole here. And sometimes that means stepping on a few toes. The greater majority here find those threads annoying and do not want them here. A very small fraction of the active members post in them. What would you do if you had to think about EVERYONE that is a part of the community here?

So here I am spending 30minutes reading 10 pages of how horrible we all are after literally spending years trying to help people and have thoughtful intellegent discussions with other interested parties.

Well you know what I don't need this crap. I got better things to do than to try explaining to people that don't have any desire to actually see other sides to the situations they so vehemently complain about.

And you want to know the funny part? The person who started the game thread hasn't even said one word to complain. It's the small handful of people that over and over again flair up about how life here is so unfair and how we are out to get everyone and how we abuse our power and are so power hungry...

Consider this my last post here. I am out of here. Have a nice life. I am stepping down from modship here and leaving the forum. Anyone that wishes to contact me in the future knows how to do so already. Please don't PM. I will not be checking them while this account still exists.

Adios all...

Tony (the oh so power hungry evil mod)
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whoa..
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast