Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Another one bites the dust

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok guys, this has gotten way out of hand. People, you gotta calm down a bit and look at things in perspective. If Phil doesn't want games in his forums, then, big deal, don't make game topics. It's not like you can't express yourself, lots of unrelated (yet amusing) banter goes on here without being related to CPs.

I've been on this forum for quite a while (I lurked many a month before signing up and becoming a member), even if I don't have too many posts, I've real a lot of topics and I've never seen a mod do something without reason- well, except maybe our loveable Ozzy, but we all know he's a joker that way. It's not like only mods can have fun, either, and really, if you don't have fun here, um... Why are you here anyway?

Why do inflamitory topics get locked? Well, as proven here, some people can't act maturely. I know that there are lots of people that aren't adults here, so no one is asking you to be an adult, only act respectful. Furthermore, I acknowledge that there are a lot of people that have been mature about this- on BOTH sides of the issue.

I'm not trying to suck up to the mods or anything, but I would like to thank you guys a lot for doing what you do. Don't misconstrue, now; there are a lot of people here who appreciate what you do.

Conversely, I'd like to thank all of you members out there who help me through my day, either with valuable information, humorous banter, advice, and simply be being here and being respectful contributers.

So, to sum up all this business (for me, at least)- Can't we all just get along? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] Ok, so that sounds corny, but, seriously, mod and member are here for the same reason, so what good does it do to fight among one another? We're all doing our best to try to make these forums a good place (heaven knows, we have a lot of great people so it should be a good place!), and if you have conflicting views, then don't be trolls, don't flame, don't be acusatory. If you have problems with a sepcific person (member or mod) you can always send them a message.

As my real last note, let's all just try to keep it respectful and have a good time. My hat's off again to all of you great people out there that work, either by moderating, posting, or both, to make this a great place.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah you guys are all taking this too anal (excuse my french) but darn, relax ladies

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone who has spoken up in appreciation for the moderators. Its greatly appreciated. But very disheartening to see people criticizing a job they DON'T DO and have no idea what its like...trying to please hundreds of members from all over the world, with different beliefs, personalities and skill levels.

We're darned if we do and darned if we don't. We leave things alone and arguments break out, we get complaints and people leave the forums because its a "kiddie playground". You try to keep some order and you get bashed as being censors and power-hungry Hitlers.

You can't win. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

alrite guys, lets calm this tension down

i mean seriously u guys who started this should be ashamed of yourselves. Being on this forums for 4 years, this never had happened until now....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree, everyone should cool it
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i persononally believe the mods do a great job. they move a topic when askede, they lock a topic when asked. they just do a great job. thanks guys

also thank to the man who pays for this forum

Thanks

Brad
    thanks for you imput

Brad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only been a member for a short while, and I must say that I find most of the discussions here respectful and well thought out, and well moderated by the moderators....at least here you are allowed to make your argument, while in other forums, controversial subjects are immediately taken down, which I hate. I like a good discussion.

Many Kudoes to the owner and the mods.

But I gotta say this.....I go to Gardenweb all the time. I love it. I don't hang out in the bog gardens/cp forums there though. That's what I come here for. GW has some heavy, heavy hitters there. Wilhelm of Swink and Wilhelm and others....so please don't denigrate GW...there's lots of people there who know what the hell they're doing and talking about, and decades of experience to back it up. Also lots of people who don't.

Kirk unless your spelling and grammar improve..I'm going to have to start thinking that your complaint was one regarding your peers. April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uhh I was directing it towards all the complaining members
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS