Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Another one bites the dust

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (phlitrapguy @ Mar. 22 2005,6:03)]These forums were intended as a resource for our customers and anyone on the internet that had a curiosity about carnivorous plants... not a friggin' play ground!

This is NOT romper room...

This is NOT day care...

This is NOT where you go to spend your time filling up MY hard drives with USELESS crap about adding words to a sentence, bumping topics, who's on top .. games... useless polls etc.

At some point, we as moderators and *I* as the owner of the board have to put forth some rules. The rules are basic... they are not even really rules! 1) Post with respect - 2) don't be a fool!

That's pretty much my rule book... and if you look at what the moderators have done .. they've deleted disrespectful posts (whether towards another member, towards my company, or my forums). And they sometimes (not often) delete the ignorant childish crap that wastes time and disk space.

If you want a forum to bounce up and down in like a 2 year old and be completely idiotic, start your own. This is not the place.

It is, however, a place for carnivorous plant discussions -- or sometimes just discussions about life, chatter about friendships, challenges we face as people, thoughs on the world... or whatever... but GROW UP!!!
    Did you happen to read this whole thread? I think it was touched on a few times. But I will refer you to Phils first responce.
    Hope that helps,
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chrono...I think it was locked because it was very similar to another thread that was already in progress. So it was kinda redundant. And I believe Tony stated that when he locked it. I didn't pay that much attention to it to tell you the truth. I just remember reading something about there being two of the same thread and he was locking it. Didn't seem like a big deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]We already did this wish thing once or twice.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oi...I tend to read things too fast, sorry Andy, but thanks for pointing it out. I think I got it now, thanks PAK. I don't normally read those threads very often so I didn't know it was already done before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crap, i looked at this thread for the first time because i thought it was about the song before!

**** I can't believe some of these people are complaining about something people gave to them which now (at least for me) is my main source of information. These nice mods take time out of their daily lives to keep this place under control because they don't want people getting verbally abused, insulted, badmouthed, etc. And you complain about it?!

This reminds me of the IDIOTS who went to Alpine Meadows ski resort after a heavy snowfall. There was an avalanche danger so they closed the ski area, and the road leading to it. They put of road barriers, and warning signs. Six people went around all that, and went in to the ski area. 4 of them were killed in an avalanche, and the remaining two sued, and won.

They way some of you behave on the forum is similar to the way those guys behaved, and i can frankly say, i'm disappointed.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

OMG TunaSuprise are you serious?!?!?And they actually WONThat's insane! It's like when a burgler was trying to break into a house,and he went onto the roof and fell through the glass and landed on a knife in the kitchen and cut his leg pretty bad with it,and then HE sued the house owner and the burgler won!!! This world amazes me sometimes.*Niki*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that happened in my school. someone tried to break though a barb wire lined fence. the robber cut his leg, sued the school and won.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

BTW how did you guys get Sundoodes parents phone number?I can't remember,but did we have to enter our phone number when we signed up?Just curious.And how old was Sundoode anyways?I will understand if you can't answer that question for privacy reasons *Niki(Trapper7)
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He gave it to us.