Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Another one bites the dust

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep refreshing, but no new pms in my inbox.....
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Mar. 22 2005,3:37)]Ahhhhh. Well. I see. You all seem to feel the moderators are mean, stupid little beasts out to get you all.
    well you make us feel that way
    In light of the HOURS and HOURS and HOURS that every moderator puts into this forum without any kind of compensation or "perks", I'd say we are all wasting our time then. We THOUGHT we were doing it for the community...to keep some kind of order and respect here. We have to read EVERY post that's made...all the smileys, "tee hees", games, arguments, volatile discussions...every last WORD of it. HUNDREDS of posts EVER DAY..thousands of words...hundreds of different personalities and situations. And this is on top of "life"...work, kids, family, illness, school, hobbies, social life, extra jobs, tragedies, births, deaths...day in...day out...mornings, weekends, evenings.
    Well, you dont HAVE to.. it's volunteered. That's why pft needs more mods. Mods that don't lock threads for every little reason, or just because they don't have the time to look at the topic. But then again, many of the very active mods were demoted, and the ones that are idle for months at a time kept.
    All for YOU...the CP community...to keep open what *I* think is a pretty darn good place full of wonderful people. We do not LIVE for this forum, we all have other lives which few of you know much about. We donate what time we can because we CARE about it.
    Occasionally. When it suits you.
    Obviously there are many of you who are perfect and who know EXACTLY what to do and say in EVERY situation. You never make mistakes or err on the side of caution or in favor of the person who shells out a ton-a-money to keep this forum going.

So...I think all the mods should quit. Close up the forums all together. Phil can't monitor all the THOUSANDS of posts here by himself. He can't keep this place running without help. But apparently we all suck because we get a little tired of reading endless one line posts in game threads.
    Maybe. There's always CPUK. They seem to do it just fine.
    We can't be all things to all people. All the moderators do the best they can and make decisions which they think suits the situation and will benefit the majority of the community. And yes, moderators are human and don't always do the BEST thing. We aren't lawyers, policemen or psychologists. I think its a wonderful group of people who really do give a darn about this place and the people who make it what it is.

So...I say...thank you to my fellow mods for doing what *I* know to be a fine job. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] I think perhaps our time might be better spent elsewhere.
    possibly
    ff

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry.. had to find it in my log. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] You should have it by now.
    andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,5:43)]You have no warning squares.
    Warning squares? Is that what the little boxes under some people's avatars are?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 22 2005,4:48)]
    Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,5:43)]You have no warning squares.
    Warning squares? Is that what the little boxes under some people's avatars are?
    Yes they are. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Andrew

-Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,5:47)]
    Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,3:46)]
    Quote[/b] (SunPitcher @ Mar. 22 2005,2:45)]What R warning squares?
    It means you're really cool [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    LOL, you're so goofy dude. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] they are the little boxes that are under some peoples avatars... ...I have one. :-\
    Andrew
    Why do many mods and other prominent members have so many of them, then?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sundoode...its fine for you to speak your mind but please use the words "I" and "me". You are using and hiding behind the words "us" and "we" as if you are representing a horde of people. You don't speak for all 2,000+ members. You speak for yourself... and let other people speak for themselves.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 22 2005,4:49)]
    Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,5:47)]
    Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,3:46)]
    Quote[/b] (SunPitcher @ Mar. 22 2005,2:45)]What R warning squares?
    It means you're really cool [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    LOL, you're so goofy dude. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] they are the little boxes that are under some peoples avatars... ...I have one. :-\
    Andrew
    Why do many mods and other prominent members have so many of them, then?
    For mods it is kind a joke. They are not really there for members to know who has been bad. It's for moderator use. We know which ones are real and which are not. This helps us track members. We use these in combination with logs. Hope that helps,
    Andrew
    -Andrew

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast