What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another one bites the dust

• Thread starter ZAK
  • Start date
  • Tags
    space
[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Mar. 23 2005,10:10)]And lastly, I really would like Tony on the forum as well. Like I said I come here for the experts, and I don't like the idea of losing one of the best. Unfortunately the people who appreciate him and others like him most are typically not as vocal. For every member that drives Tony crazy, I'm sure there are five who admire and respect his knowledge and are thankful to have him.
I very recently said that "I detest people that make 1 word replies to a topic, or post things that echo previous posts..." In this case i am going to become that which I most dislike because I believe that this needs to be highlighted.  

Tony, you are one of the best people on this forum. I personally will be extremely disappointed if you should no longer be a part of this community. Please do not let the rants and raves of a lunatic be the cause of your leaving this forum. You have so much knowledge to offer, and this forum will be so cheated without your presence.

PLEASE reconsider your decision to leave.

Steve

Tony, remember when Shelley was upset to the point of quitting (College Life...)? Please don't.

Thanks Phil for providing this forum for us. Thanks mods for doing your best to keep things under control.

Dyflam

Thanks for all the support guys, and just to clarify, unless I missed someone, Sundoode was the only person banned from this forum over this "TF Armageddon".

If I confused you in my post by listing Sundoode's aliases, I apologize, so let me make it clear:

John/JRPower/Spectabalis33/Sundoode188/OneLasyKilobyte = all same person

any other people mentiond that were banned were done so for other reasons long ago. We don't ban very often at all. And this was by no means the biggest drama we have had to date...

OH, and the reasons you don't see stuff like this on other boards? because if you have a problem with us, we will listen to it and let it air out. this thread got out of hand, but notice, it's still around.
smile.gif

Thanks all for your support. Now let's forget this fiasco and move on, and enjoy this wonderful forum.

Johns(Specs) other name is also Cephalotus giant

yes this is a wonderful forum, and I think we should all move on
smile.gif

Dino

wow, i am about speachless. all i can say is sorry for what you mods have put up with all these years and Tony i hope you come back as a moderator or as a member, i dont care this place just plain benifits from your experiance.

smile_k_ani_32.gif
Wow! I came back after a few days and just read the whole thing. I'm really actually tired.
smile_o_32.gif
LOL. This whole thread was so emotional. I am not going to repeat everything everyone else has, but I do appreciate the people who help this forum be what it is; and that's great. Hopefully when the people that left calm down a little maybe they will come back. It's hard to look at things in perspective when you're upset.

Everyone calm down and take a deep breath.

Love your plants, chat with your buddies, and chill my friends. Life is too short and too important to get all rallied up about stuff such as a deleted thread. If you took the energy used to rant and rave and put it towards planting a tree or hugging your husband/ wife, everyone would feel a lot better.

Just wanted to put my two cents in.
smile_m_32.gif

That was worth at least a buck, Kitkat. Very well said.

Capslock

..........................hhhmmmmmmmm, without totally reeming new buttholes. I guess I don't have much else to say about this.

What a shame!
blues.gif

Special interests ruined it again.

$uperimposedhope

WOW.
I saw under someones post "Put a sad smiley in your sig if you want Tony back" and wondered what the heck?!? So I had to do some searching.
I just read this thread.
I skip many of the threads that are the game threads or do not look like they have anything to do with CP's. A few months ago I thought the game threads were out of control. Recently they seem to be a lot more controlled and tolerable.
I just want to thank Phil for having this forum for us to use, as there is a great deal of information here that has helped me, and I'm sure others with the cultivation of their plants.
I certainly hope that Tony reconsiders coming back to the forums here. His wisdom gained from years of growing plants would be a terrible loss to the forums.
Saddened,
Steve
smile_h_32.gif

...O_O...

Oh. My. God. I get grounded from the computer for a week and this is what happens. See, every time I leave somewhere for a short time, somethin' goes down.

Wow, Phil exploded... go Phil!!!

TONY!!!!! KIRK!!!!!!!! DUDES!! You're letting everyone who dislikes you WIN by leaving! I know you guys probably won't ever read this, but if you do, please know that WE WANT YOU BACK. There was one time when I got so stressed by something that went down here that I thought about leaving, but the one thing that kept me here was the thought that me leaving would make anyone who disliked me way too happy. I LOVE this place, and it really is a big part of my life. I've been here since I was 10, and several people really are just like personal friends. Losing this place would be like moving away and turning my back on real friends. I may not know anybody on here personally, but y'all really are like personal friends, and it would really, really hurt to ever lose this place. And the more @#$%storms there are on here, the closer it is to TF Apocalypse. I know, I've been there before. Run With The Wind, a forum I used to go to, was going great until it all started going downhill with a bunch of @#$%storms, then several people getting banned, then the administrator (who was never a good admin anyway.. she was so anal) passed the torch to another person and "left for good". The new person was a great admin, and I was made a mod for a while, until the former admin came back for some unknown reason. She still had admin powers, though the official admin was the other person. She decided MY method of being a mod was "unsuitable", because I closed the hundredth topic about how crappy the board was getting, since that was was the official admin TOLD US TO DO. I couldn't believe it... this @#$% closed topics EVERY DAY when she still owned the forums! And she accuses me of "not hearing the members out". BS!! She also got all over me for saying a few cuss words. Half of what SHE used to say every single day when she owned the board. I TOLD her that, but no, deny deny deny. We got into an argument over this, and she lied and accused and trapped me into a situation where she banned me, since she hated me the entire time I was there for not cowering to her fascist, bullying, belittling "authority". Unfortunately, the girl who was appointed as admin when this woman left was grounded at the time, so she had no say in this, though I know if she was there, everything would be different. This woman no longer made the rules and had no right to ban me for something she boiled up in the first place. I'm still in contact over IM with two members of that board (one being the girl who was appointed to adminship after the owner "left"), and my best friend also still goes there, but rarely, because, as she told me, the whole board went straight downhill, people left every day, and now very few people still go there, and it may be shut down soon. This is what happens. If our mods keep leaving TF, it WILL happen. RWTW's operation was crappy from the beginning, with a Hitler-like admin and very few mods. Yes, we have the right to speak up about something we have an issue with, but we have no right to openly flame the mods like that. Every time there's a @#$%storm like this, something goes down, somebody leaves, there's a flame war, and TF slides further downhill. TF is doing GREAT right now and I think it will stay that way if we try to support the mods and not stress them out so much, because they are under a lot of stress as it is with the responsibility of rummaging through this place every day. I know it's a big pressure on ME to be able to get on here and catch up with all the posts, so I can imagine how it must be for the mods.

Back