What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another one bites the dust

• Thread starter ZAK
  • Start date
  • Tags
    space
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 22 2005,4:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,5:43)]You have no warning squares.
Warning squares? Is that what the little boxes under some people's avatars are?
Yes they are.
smile.gif

Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,5:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,3:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunPitcher @ Mar. 22 2005,2:45)]What R warning squares?
It means you're really cool
biggrin.gif
LOL, you're so goofy dude.  
smile_n_32.gif
 they are the little boxes that are under some peoples avatars...   ...I have one.  :-\
Andrew
Why do many mods and other prominent members have so many of them, then?

Sundoode...its fine for you to speak your mind but please use the words "I" and "me". You are using and hiding behind the words "us" and "we" as if you are representing a horde of people. You don't speak for all 2,000+ members. You speak for yourself... and let other people speak for themselves.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 22 2005,4:49)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif
smile_n_32.gif
they are the little boxes that are under some peoples avatars... ...I have one. :-\
Andrew
For mods it is kind a joke. They are not really there for members to know who has been bad. It's for moderator use. We know which ones are real and which are not. This helps us track members. We use these in combination with logs. Hope that helps,
Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Mar. 22 2005,3:52)]Sundoode...its fine for you to speak your mind but please use the words "I" and "me".  You are using and hiding behind the words "us" and "we" as if you are representing a horde of people.  You don't speak for all 2,000+ members.  You speak for yourself... and let other people speak for themselves.
Actually it speaks for quite a few members, if not all. A lot of people here feel quite suppressed. I am not hiding. I've come out of the cave to say the least.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,3:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 22 2005,4:49)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif
smile_n_32.gif
 they are the little boxes that are under some peoples avatars...   ...I have one.  :-\
Andrew
For mods it is kind a joke.  They are not really there for members to know who has been bad.  It's for moderator use.  We know which ones are real and which are not.  This helps us track members.  We use these in combination with logs.  Hope that helps,
Andrew
Why can you have your jokes and fun and yet you take away ours?
hammasmile0ts.gif

hammasmile0ts.gif

hammasmile0ts.gif

hammasmile0ts.gif

hammasmile0ts.gif

hammasmile0ts.gif

hammasmile0ts.gif

hammasmile0ts.gif

hammasmile0ts.gif

hammasmile0ts.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,6:53)]For mods it is kind a joke.  They are not really there for members to know who has been bad.  It's for moderator use.  We know which ones are real and which are not.  This helps us track members.  We use these in combination with logs.  Hope that helps,
Andrew
Is it not possible to set it up so that the squares are only visible to moderators? That way, you'd avoid the whole "Scarlet Letter" issue.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,4:55)]Why can you have your jokes and fun and yet you take away ours?
This little joke of ours doesn't cause hours of "wasted" time to people.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 22 2005,4:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,6:53)]For mods it is kind a joke. They are not really there for members to know who has been bad. It's for moderator use. We know which ones are real and which are not. This helps us track members. We use these in combination with logs. Hope that helps,
Andrew
Is it not possible to set it up so that the squares are only visible to moderators? That way, you'd avoid the whole "Scarlet Letter" issue.
I'm not sure. I'll look into it. Thanks.
Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,3:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,4:55)]Why can you have your jokes and fun and yet you take away ours?
Wasted time? So you feel your time here is wasted?

Simple solution. Don't "waste" your time looking at the threads. People will use the report button if it gets out of hand.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,6:58)]
[b said:
[b said:

Simple solution. Don't "waste" your time looking at the threads. People will use the report button if it gets out of hand.
that actually has merit to it. There is a "report this post" feature isn't there?

I do however disliked the games. They annoyed me, no banana man for me

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,4:58)]
[b said:
[b said:

No. They don't. "they" think the post is okay. So they leave it unreported. Then somene comes along.. Say a lurker for example. Reads it... Is offended or whatever. POOF they are gone. and we never even know they were here. Look at the post you brought up earlier in this topic. You knew there was one that we would consider "not allowed" did you report it? Nope. you proved my point.
smile_m_32.gif

Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,4:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,4:58)]
[b said:
[b said:

No.  They don't.  "they" think the post is okay.  So they leave it unreported.   Then somene comes along..  Say a lurker for example.  Reads it...   Is offended or whatever.  POOF  they are gone.  and we never even know they were here.  Look at the post you brought up earlier in this topic.  You knew there was one that we would consider "not allowed" did you report it?  Nope.  you proved my point.  
smile_m_32.gif

Andrew
Says who?

I do report. Well used to. But I was called a tattle tale and a whiner by the mods who got the reports. Oh the humanity. Point proven, thanks.

Frankly I find this topic disturbing. I have been a member here for a long time. I find this forum to be an invaluable source of information and friendship. To be honest, I very rarely read the crap that gets posted in GD because it is simply that.. crap. All the people I see in this thread complaining about how unfair the mods treat them makes me laugh because every single one of you would have been warned at least once by me if it were my place to do such things. I detest it when people make 1 word posts to topics, post to repeat information that was just given in the post above.. ect ect. This is a forum for discussing cultivation of carnivorous plants. Its not a war to see who can get the highest post count. Personally I have more respect for the guy that has 50 posts that give good advice and assistance to the CP community than the ones with thousands of posts that say "nice" "cool" and all that useless drivel that wastes forum space and mods time. I understand that its basic human nature to want to be seen and heard, but at some point you have to step back and say "Is this post going to further this topic, or am I just wasting space?" Excercise some self control here people!!

The bottom line is this, this is Phil's forum, not ours. He has assigned the responsability for maintaining it to the people he feels are appropriate for the job. You agreed to the terms of service for this forum, which includes mods doing what mods do, when you joined up. If you dont like it, either bear it in silence, discuss it privately with them, or dont visit these forums anymore.

Steve

I doubt a lurker would leave because of something he saw. Seriously, what other forums are you guys a member of? this forum *** daycare kindergardarn finger paint land style. Not that finger paint land is bad, just lighten up when something against the grain presents itself.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,5:03)]Says who?

I do report. Well used to. But I was called a tattle tale and a whiner by the mods who got the reports. Oh the humanity. Point proven, thanks.
LOL, I can recall some of the things you reported... They WERE NOT up to the importance of cuss words and such. they were like "his avatar is too big a file" "why is this guys signature image so large" things like this. Of course I dont' know all of them that you reported... Only some. so sure... Maybe you did report some that REALLY needed to be reported. BUT not all of them. it only takes one to offend someone.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ Mar. 22 2005,4:04)]Frankly I find this topic disturbing. I have been a member here for a long time. I find this forum to be an invaluable source of information and friendship. To be honest, I very rarely read the crap that gets posted in GD because it is simply that..  crap. All the people I see in this thread complaining about how unfair the mods treat them makes me laugh because every single one of you would have been warned at least once by me if it were my place to do such things. I detest it when people make 1 word posts to topics, post to repeat information that was just given in the post above..  ect ect. This is a forum for discussing cultivation of carnivorous plants. Its not a war to see who can get the highest post count. Personally I have more respect for the guy that has 50 posts that give good advice and assistance to the CP community than the ones with thousands of posts that say "nice" "cool" and all that useless drivel that wastes forum space and mods time. I understand that its basic human nature to want to be seen and heard, but at some point you have to step back and say "Is this post going to further this topic, or am I just wasting space?" Excercise some self control here people!!

The bottom line is this, this is Phil's forum, not ours. He has assigned the responsability for maintaining it to the people he feels are appropriate for the job. You agreed to the terms of service for this forum, which includes mods doing what mods do, when you joined up. If you dont like it, either bear it in silence, discuss it privately with them, or dont visit these forums anymore.

Steve
Point is they practice favoritism. So I clicked the I agree button over 4 years ago. It's changed since then. Dramaticly. Sadly. I had 5000 GOOD posts, and was thrown away like trash.

The General Discussions isn't for discussing plant care. It's for nearly anything you darn well want to talk about. Who gives about post count? This is why most OTHER forums have a REP system.

Exactly. That's why 9/10ths of the members here don't even post anymore.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Mar. 22 2005,5:04)]I doubt a lurker would leave because of something he saw. Seriously, what other forums are you guys a member of? this forum *** daycare kindergardarn finger paint land style. Not that finger paint land is bad, just lighten up when something against the grain presents itself.....
eh, I don't exactly get what you are trying to say here... But, I also belong to forums of Ferrets, gas RC cars, and electric planes. Not too sure what this has to do with anything... But thanks for asking.
smile.gif

Andrew

Back