What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another one bites the dust

• Thread starter ZAK
  • Start date
  • Tags
    space
It seems you guys will contenue to go on and on about I don't know what. I tried to stay and talk with you. Figure out what the main problem is. But at this point, I'm pretty confused. LOL Different things keep comming up. And every time I think we're done... something else pops up. Some other mod can take it from here. I'm going to go spend some time with my wife. Who got off work about 45 mins ago, but I've been here talking with you all... TaTa. have fun.
smile.gif

Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,4:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,5:03)]Says who?

I do report. Well used to. But I was called a tattle tale and a whiner by the mods who got the reports. Oh the humanity. Point proven, thanks.
LOL, I can recall some of the things you reported...   They WERE NOT up to the importance of cuss words and such.  they were like "his avatar is too big a file"   "why is this guys signature image so large"  things like this.  Of course I dont' know all of them that you reported... Only some.  so sure...  Maybe you did report some that REALLY needed to be reported.  BUT  not all of them.  it only takes one to offend someone.
Oh yea? A lot of them were. I never complained about a big avatar.

Yea, i reported a HUGE signature that was like 500 pixels by 500 pixels. ONCE. You guys let him have it over a week. Favoritism. You'd all be on me in less than an hour when I had one 5 pixels over the limit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,7:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Mar. 22 2005,5:04)]I doubt a lurker would leave because of something he saw. Seriously, what other forums are you guys a member of? this forum *** daycare kindergardarn finger paint land style. Not that finger paint land is bad, just lighten up when something against the grain presents itself.....
eh, I don't exactly get what you are trying to say here... But, I also belong to forums of Ferrets, gas RC cars, and electric planes. Not too sure what this has to do with anything... But thanks for asking.
smile.gif

Andrew
what I'm saying is compared to other forums, this forum is overly/sadly tame. So anything a "lurker" is going to see is NEVER going to persuade him to NOT join.

Personally I think we have it very well in these forums. You gotta keep in mind mods are people too. They can't always be how they're supposed to be and of course they're going to like some members over others. That's just how humans are. I've been to other forums... some where they're ridiculous about rules and nobody goes there, and others where there are basically no rules. The ones with tons of rules are crap because you make capitalization mistakes and they tell you about it, you go even a little off topic and they get all worked up, and there's even a word limit of 7 words (I think) and less than I forgot what.... so nobody goes there and it's crap.
The ones without rules are crap because people get out of hand and it just sucks basically.
TF is nice because there aren't too many rules nor too little rules. sure, some rules are stupid and there should be other rules but life isn't how it should be. You can't please everyone.
Of course I don't particularly like all mods... but I'm not going to think it's all a big conspiracy and everyone is out to get me.
Most mods are pretty patient about it. I know if I were a mod I'd probably be banning people every month because some things people do are really annoying. I don't think they're in their little private forum or whatever planning how to get back at people.

although I have wondered what goes on behind the scenes...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Mar. 22 2005,4:26)]Personally I think we have it very well in these forums. You gotta keep in mind mods are people too. They can't always be how they're supposed to be and of course they're going to like some members over others. That's just how humans are. I've been to other forums... some where they're ridiculous about rules and nobody goes there, and others where there are basically no rules. The ones with tons of rules are crap because you make capitalization mistakes and they tell you about it, you go even a little off topic and they get all worked up, and there's even a word limit of 7 words (I think) and less than I forgot what.... so nobody goes there and it's crap.
The ones without rules are crap because people get out of hand and it just sucks basically.
TF is nice because there aren't too many rules nor too little rules. sure, some rules are stupid and there should be other rules but life isn't how it should be. You can't please everyone.
Of course I don't particularly like all mods... but I'm not going to think it's all a big conspiracy and everyone is out to get me.
Most mods are pretty patient about it. I know if I were a mod I'd probably be banning people every month because some things people do are really annoying. I don't think they're in their little private forum or whatever planning how to get back at people.

although I have wondered what goes on behind the scenes...
I dont think so. They could easily be the same, but instead practice favoritism. Yes those other forums are lame. But there's always a lamer forum. There are 10fold better forums, with less rules, that are PERFECT. But at this rate, pft will be just as restrictive as those.

Behind the scenes? I could go on quite a bit about that..

Sundoode, I don't know if I am a good mod or a bad mod in your eyes, but I really don't like you badmoutheing these forums. Nobody here fought as hard as I did to keep you on the forums. 98% of the mods that you have been talking about fought to let you back in. I guess you've taught me a vaulable lesson. I'll remember it in the future.

Zak, I guess that I am the mod that you have been talking about. Do me a favor, next time this happens try to get both sides of the story, not just one.

I won't deny that I have made mistakes, as I'm sure all the mods here have. I'm also sure that every memebr that posted a complaint in this topic as also made a mistake or used bad judgment with a post. I know I sure have. You have to realize that we do this for free, for the good of the fourms. We are not out to get anybody, but if somebody keeps breaking rules of course we'll watch them a little closer. If we let somebody that was banned back in, it's only natural to keep a closer watch on them.

If I or any other mod does something that you don't agree with, instead of make a post to start an argument, why don't you do the civil thing and send them a pm to discuss it.

I'll tell you guys what it really means when a mod has a square. The more squares you have the less the other mods like you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We do not LIVE for this forum, we all have other lives

I don't

You people are childish. You don't like it here, then LEAVE.

You have the gaul to publically attack the forums, man I wish I had that kind of attitude.

I don't understand why people can't accept the fact that what would you do without these forums? Do you realize that someone pays for this? You want to be all paying for this? I don't think so.

Grow up and move on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Mar. 22 2005,4:37)]You people are childish. You don't like it here, then LEAVE.
As I said. Namecalling. But not as bad as usual.

I guess a few of the people here that are complaining are forgetting that no one is holding you down forcing you to belong to this forum. If it is that horrible in your eyes then just leave. The mods to a great job without ever getting any 'ataboys' from the members. They always seem to get negative feedback and never positive. Whining about a free service that is offered to you really shows the need for some maturing.

Sundoode, I find it really funny that the only times you report other members is when they did the same thing that you have been warned over and over about.
And the reason that you see somebody with a sig too big for over a week before it's changed is because we send them a pm asking them to change it. When you kept doing it over and over, we realized that a nice pm didn't work with you. We had to change it for you.

I think the forums are appropriately moderated. Sundoode, I know there have been times where you've been treated too severely and unfairly. But, at the same time, you don't know when to stop and bring it on yourself. It goes both ways.

The mods ARE charged with reading every post, and it's not fun. They do it voluntarily, and are not paid. And from the responses here, I think their motivation to participate is greatly decreased by the total lack of appreciation for what they do.

This forum is not an entitlement. It's a favor to everyone here from phil and all the others who make it happen. When someone gives you a gift, you don't nitpick everything that's wrong with it. You simply express appreciation for it, and be happy for what it is.

Many of the young people here don't understand the dynamics of this sort of thing. Not because you're dumb, but because you've never done something like it. I spent several years of my life making a computer game with my crew, and when it came out, it was a hit. But if you go to the game forums, they're just dripping with sarcastic, bitter, seriously angry, and vulgar insults about how stupid we are, and how it could be so much better if we weren't such idiots. It's enough to make you wonder why you bothered in the first place.

If you think there's a better CP forum that's possible, don't complain about it here, MAKE ONE. It's easy and cheap to do, so just do it. You might find it's not anywhere near as easy as you think it is to keep it running and to deal with all the issues that people bring.

But while you're here, realize you're a guest, and that this place is a gift.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,7:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Mar. 22 2005,4:37)]You people are childish. You don't like it here, then LEAVE.
As I said. Namecalling. But not as bad as usual.
I don't see any namecalling. I see somebody posted an opinion. This whole thread has been you guys giving your opinion about us. Now you are complaining that somebody else gave an opinion. I just can't figure you guys out.
I think this whole thread is just to see how far you can push the mods before we push back.

Sigh.. I'm done
smile_h_32.gif
I just wanted answers.

But I took it too far.

I feel like shibby...

OK...

So, I rarely get the opportunity to chime in anymore. Why? you may ask.. because the moderators do a fantastic job of keeping these forums a place to post anything from questions by first time flytrap owners to people propagating exotic nepenthes.

These forums were intended as a resource for our customers and anyone on the internet that had a curiosity about carnivorous plants... not a friggin' play ground!

This is NOT romper room...

This is NOT day care...

This is NOT where you go to spend your time filling up MY hard drives with USELESS crap about adding words to a sentence, bumping topics, who's on top .. games... useless polls etc.

At some point, we as moderators and *I* as the owner of the board have to put forth some rules. The rules are basic... they are not even really rules! 1) Post with respect - 2) don't be a fool!

That's pretty much my rule book... and if you look at what the moderators have done .. they've deleted disrespectful posts (whether towards another member, towards my company, or my forums). And they sometimes (not often) delete the ignorant childish crap that wastes time and disk space.

If you want a forum to bounce up and down in like a 2 year old and be completely idiotic, start your own. This is not the place.

It is, however, a place for carnivorous plant discussions -- or sometimes just discussions about life, chatter about friendships, challenges we face as people, thoughs on the world... or whatever... but GROW UP!!!

My words to you Spec - JRpower - Sundood - John or WHATEVER you want to call yourself today: GO AWAY. I don't want you here. You are a rude disrespectful instigator. You were allowed to come back, much against my wishes, because we thought you had something positive to contribute. Well, it turns out that you're as lame as your childish posts.

I don't have time for you.

The moderators don't have time to watch for your next stupid move.

This board doesn't have the patience to deal with you any longer.

And I'll be darned if i allow one more KB of data on my server to go to your useless chatter.

So consider yourself gone.

Go to CPUK

Go to Gardenweb

Go to Omnisterra

Go wherever they won't ban you for life and ramble about useless crap!

Just Don't do it here!

Why this public flame?

Because I'm sick and TIRED of listening to you whine. Tired of you thinking people get favoritism or preferential treatment. It's because you are a blundering block head and EVERYONE - even the bacteria under my toenails would get preferential treatment over you.

Good bye John.

Find a new playground.

And - I'm not locking this topic... or deleting it... I'm simply removing you from our boards. If anyone else has an opinion, feel free to post. So far, they're valid for the most part and afterall, they are just opinions.

Peace!

-Phillip

mad.gif

Well all I can say is I am shocked. My reason for closing the game thread was posted in the thread. It is a fact that many members have left because of piles and piles of threads such as the one I locked. My concern is for the forum community as a whole here. And sometimes that means stepping on a few toes. The greater majority here find those threads annoying and do not want them here. A very small fraction of the active members post in them. What would you do if you had to think about EVERYONE that is a part of the community here?

So here I am spending 30minutes reading 10 pages of how horrible we all are after literally spending years trying to help people and have thoughtful intellegent discussions with other interested parties.

Well you know what??? I don't need this crap. I got better things to do than to try explaining to people that don't have any desire to actually see other sides to the situations they so vehemently complain about.

And you want to know the funny part? The person who started the game thread hasn't even said one word to complain. It's the small handful of people that over and over again flair up about how life here is so unfair and how we are out to get everyone and how we abuse our power and are so power hungry...

Consider this my last post here. I am out of here. Have a nice life. I am stepping down from modship here and leaving the forum. Anyone that wishes to contact me in the future knows how to do so already. Please don't PM. I will not be checking them while this account still exists.

Adios all...

Tony (the oh so power hungry evil mod)

I hope each and every one of you people are happy with what you have done.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I hope each and every one of you people are happy with what you have done.

for the record, i dident do it! lol, but everyone has a right to an opinion (wether you like the opinion or not), and for someone to run off crying about it is kinda childish to me... not offending anyone, im just sharing my OPINION, some of you need to stop whining and acting like little girls, but you MODS somtimes cross the line and can also act like females too, (femles MODS dont get offended)

as for this
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It's because you are a blundering block head and EVERYONE - even the bacteria under my toenails would get preferential treatment over you.

funniest/meanest joke i EVER heard...I LOVE IT!

thanks alot guys!!!! I leave for a couple hours to go buy some stuff for my greenhouse and look what happens, man I cannot believe this!!!!!1
mad.gif

Back