What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another one bites the dust

• Thread starter ZAK
  • Start date
  • Tags
    space
I now can recall why I stopped visiting the forums as often as I use to, or at least for a while, at all.

Gone are the frivolous days of word association, the heinous “the person below me”, or the intolerable whatever’s next I suppose. I suppose these thread take up to much server space. I suppose they are not as inflammatory as the almighty “evo” Thread…., oh wait I’d better spell it evolution before I’m corrected, or “what do you believe” thread. Sorry I just don’t see how one can be put above the others, except in the elitist world of the moderator. I can understand needing moderation because of the ages represented here. I understand the need for a safe forum environment, and wholesome postings. I don’t understand locking a topic because it gets on you’re nerve, and the good old “because I can” mentality. It is this very thing that has turned away many members, and most of us know who they are. People come here for conversation, recreation and relaxation. But if soooo many of the reasons you visit these forums are stripped away, why come at all.
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ZAK @ Mar. 22 2005,1:59)]I now can recall why I stopped visiting the forums as often as I use to, or at least for a while, at all.

Gone are the frivolous days of word association, the heinous “the person below me”, or the intolerable whatever’s next I suppose. I suppose these thread take up to much server space. I suppose they are not as inflammatory as the almighty “evo” Thread…., oh wait I’d better spell it evolution before I’m corrected, or “what do you believe” thread. Sorry I just don’t see how one can be put above the others, except in the elitist world of the moderator. I can understand needing moderation because of the ages represented here. I understand the need for a safe forum environment, and wholesome postings. I don’t understand locking a topic because it gets on you’re nerve, and the good old “because I can” mentality. It is this very thing that has turned away many members, and most of us know who they are. People come here for conversation, recreation and relaxation. But if soooo many of the reasons you visit these forums are stripped away, why come at all.  
smile_h_32.gif
Yea.. I mean, PAK tells me "Then don't post at all!" while in other threads they say the exact opposite any simply lock it
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]---------------------
EDIT by PAK:  Then DON'T POST!  You know better than that.

Edited by PAK at -------
And in another thread,
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]btw.. I know some like these threads but there are also many that don't.  Even though you hear arguments 'don't read them then' etc.  It still drives some people away.

Tony

But hey, this happens on every forum and it dies out..

But it's no biggie if it's in just one forum area, cause theres always the others to post in
smile.gif

yea it seems you can't disagree or its locked and you're warned. I got warned for saying "Tee Hee" can you beleive that?

Thats why I almost never post here, that doesn't mean I don't read it though. I just post in the business areas where they talk about what this site is meant for. Seems everyone here is way to sensitive when it comes to non cp related discussions.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Mar. 22 2005,2:09)]yea it seems you can't disagree or its locked and you're warned. I got warned for saying "Tee Hee" can you beleive that?

Thats why I almost never post here, that doesn't mean I don't read it though. I just post in the business areas where they talk about what this site is meant for. Seems everyone here is way to sensitive when it comes to non cp related discussions.
Yea, I notice favoritism a lot as well! I think some people take moderating a lil too seriously
confused.gif
I mean if someone said "I hate *enter member name here*" then theyd be warned or banned.. but in other forums it would go unnoticed

Times are a changing
smile_h_32.gif

WAAAAAY TO sensitive. It shouldn't be called general disscusions. It should be renamed Highly moderated vague plant referance area.

Or the minefield.. Because that's exactly what it is... tread lightly
confused.gif

But hey, its a privately owned forum.. They can do what they wish. But that doesn't mean members are going to flock here.

who wants to take bets on when this thread will be locked and we'll be all warned?
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

*Pushes out 10 poker chips into middle of table*

I miss the days that jaie was here...

And they call us names too, but when WE call names, its into the patty wagon for us
confused.gif

However, a few mods still exist that are pretty good
biggrin.gif

I'll see you 're ten and raise you ten and pray I get this posted BEFORE I'm either banned for free speach, tisking a mod, or it's locked. Although I've always wanted a square.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Mar. 22 2005,3:09)]I got warned for saying "Tee Hee" can you beleive that?
Since you bring it up... And I'm the one that warned you... let me give my side of this story.
smile.gif
You posted a list of member names in the subject and title line of a post. Then in the post you gave a link to a inappropriate web page. (cussing and such) That is why you were warned. Not for saying "tee hee" I still have the PM I sent you regarding this if you would like to reread it. But it never even mentions "teehee".

Also, game threads (like the one recently locked) I don't see how they are considered "discussions"... Any who, Tony will be back later to talk about that.
Andrew

*Looks at cards*

hmm.. 4 squares and a lock...

*Folds* (jk)
warn-1.gif

warn-2.gif

warn-3.gif

warn-4.gif

warn-5.gif

warn-4.gif

warn-3.gif

warn-2.gif

warn-1.gif

*Grabs chips and, runs to Omnisterra to cash in*
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,3:15)]And they call us names too, but when WE call names, its into the patty wagon for us
confused.gif
They do?!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I guess you all think I'm bias since I'm one of these "mods" being discussed... But I've never seen that. If you do see it... Send me a PM.
smile.gif

Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,2:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Mar. 22 2005,3:09)]I got warned for saying "Tee Hee" can you beleive that?
Since you bring it up...  And I'm the one that warned you...  let me give my side of this story.  
smile.gif
 You posted a list of member names in the subject and title line of a post.  Then in the post you gave a link to a inappropriate web page.  (cussing and such)  That is why you were warned.  Not for saying "tee hee"  I still have the PM I sent you regarding this if you would like to reread it.  But it never even mentions "teehee".  

Also, game threads (like the one recently locked) I don't see how they are considered "discussions"...   Any who, Tony will be back later to talk about that.
Andrew
No, he brought up a 2 year old topic by dustin, and said "Tee-Hee".. I saw it the second he posted it... The whole topic was deleted. Innapropiate if you ask me, there was no reason to delete it.. or even lock it, for that matter.

innapropiate web page with cussing.. and why wasn't the thread on "souls" locked, with the link where the devil swears very badly?

Seems they give out false testimonies now as well?

http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....l=souls

As I was saying, favoritism..

And if I report a post, I get called a whiner. (Has happened on several occasions)

party05.gif
party05.gif
party05.gif
party05.gif
party05.gif

party05.gif
party05.gif
party05.gif
party05.gif
party05.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,3:31)]
[b said:
[b said:
Since you bring it up... And I'm the one that warned you... let me give my side of this story.
smile.gif
You posted a list of member names in the subject and title line of a post. Then in the post you gave a link to a inappropriate web page. (cussing and such) That is why you were warned. Not for saying "tee hee" I still have the PM I sent you regarding this if you would like to reread it. But it never even mentions "teehee".

Also, game threads (like the one recently locked) I don't see how they are considered "discussions"... Any who, Tony will be back later to talk about that.
Andrew
No, he brought up a 2 year old topic by dustin, and said "Tee-Hee".. I saw it the second he posted it...

innapropiate web page with cussing.. and why wasn't the thread on "souls" locked, with the link where the devil swears very badly?

Well, his "warning" which you see by his name is from me, not for that. I have never seen the thread which you refer to. I don't have time to look at everything.
smile_n_32.gif
if you saw it. And noticed something... Perhaps you should have let a mod know?.....
Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 22 2005,2:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 22 2005,3:31)]
[b said:
[b said:
Since you bring it up...  And I'm the one that warned you...  let me give my side of this story.  
smile.gif
 You posted a list of member names in the subject and title line of a post.  Then in the post you gave a link to a inappropriate web page.  (cussing and such)  That is why you were warned.  Not for saying "tee hee"  I still have the PM I sent you regarding this if you would like to reread it.  But it never even mentions "teehee".  

Also, game threads (like the one recently locked) I don't see how they are considered "discussions"...   Any who, Tony will be back later to talk about that.
Andrew
No, he brought up a 2 year old topic by dustin, and said "Tee-Hee".. I saw it the second he posted it...

Well, his "warning" which you see by his name is from me, not for that.  I have never seen the thread which you refer to.  I don't have time to look at everything.  
smile_n_32.gif
 if you saw it.  And noticed something...  Perhaps you should have let a mod know?.....
Andrew
See the rest of my post

I haved been warned for my text color, and posting "too many times".

I wonder how long it'l be before the mods scramble back to old threads where they did ridiculous things, and delete them.. I've seen it happen before??? And mods aren't supposed to delete anyways. They're supposed to move it to a special forum called the deleted forum, for bringing back up when there are conflicts like this. But you don't see them doing that very often.

And any post where I mention "Spec", it's deleted.

Back