Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Tanya(flytrapgurl) has a message for you all

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Aliciae.

And this isn't just my teenage opinion you're hearing when I vent about my grandparents... my 35-year-old mom will tell you EXACTLY everything I tell you about my grandparents. She was raised by them too.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ April 10 2005,1:16)]I still have to disagree with Alpha.
    I will reinterate my statement from page whatever. A child is no-one to demand ANYTHING from me. Not explanations, reasons, nothing. Obviously telling you what you did wrong is needed for a child to learn, but if I say don't do blah, blah, blah......then I expect you to listen because I said so. It does not breed mindless children, it breeds children who understand that you do not expect anything of superiors. As I said before NOBODY is goin to explain them selves because you "feel" it is your right to know. Not your boss, not a stranger, not a cop, NO-ONE! One day when you are the superior then you may make decisions that are not up to others to argue or demand explanations of. It is the way it is. Whether or not the new generation all feel this way makes no difference, the superiors will always make decisions and demand that you obey and do it in a timely and efficient manner. It is all a life lesson from day one about what your place in the world is.

Joe
    You treat me, Tanya and all the other kids on here like we are clueless idiots who know nothing about life and how important it is to do at school.
    You ignore absolutely everything we say, and what all other kids on here say.
    And Im not stupid, I KNOW there are times when I HAVE to take orders, but most of those times come at work.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I KNOW there are times when I HAVE to take orders, but most of those times come at work.
    We're not the ones who can't tell the difference between parenting and jobs. Apparently it's you (no, not you dino).

and finch, I was talking about punishing kids not that...
    although I would have liked my parents to be honest and not make up stupid stories. I HATE white lies. Either tell me the truth or tell me you're unconfortable telling me what goes on or something. DON"T make up stupid lies. I take white lies as a personal offense.
    and about pot... yes you should tell kids why they shouldn't smoke pot. bad example.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No duh any responsible parent should do that. i was talking about someone who already knew and the parent knew they knew but they wer erjust being difficuly. Seehs
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well then the kids are the stupid ones... which is a completely different matter.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who are you to say what are the relevent matters in this discussion anyway? Mayby i felt they were relevent and thats why i used ut as a example of a time in witch the things you beleive parents should "always" do would be a bad idea.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah but I was talking about parents punishing kids... since the thread is about parents punishing kids and should kids have to blindly obay orders no matter how stupid and wrong or not.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starman......buddy,
    I see you're calling me out ................. and you're right and you're wrong at the same time. I don't respect a kid who enforces anything upon a parent however, it's the parent's fault for not enforcing their own authority in the first place. I DO respect AW's knowledge and passion for science and FTG's individuality. Respecting their abilities and passions are a seperate matter however. I don't agree with AW's stance on parenting but I truely think and am quite sure that it will change as he becomes an adult. Whatever though, I am not here to tell anyone that their parents suck or anything similar. I demand respect from my children and they do respect me and that is the way it will be from me. I came from the roughest of neighborhoods and I know what life is and what is to come and I do my darnedest to teach preparation for the future. AW of all people should know the science and nature of life. I do not pick my battles I am a full time parent, prepared to battle every battle head on and am also prepared for the fact that my children will not always beleive what their old man has to say. They will stick the metaphorical fork in the socket and it will shock them but it will not be a shock. Cause I already told them what will happen. I am sayin goddbye to this topic. On a last note: I am trying to help you guys out, since it is not doing anything but causing discontent toward myself I am goin to drop it and............well, you'll see on another day in another year.

Goodbye
    $uper!mposedhop3
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"