Likes Likes:  0
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Tanya(flytrapgurl) has a message for you all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ April 10 2005,1:16)]I still have to disagree with Alpha.
    I will reinterate my statement from page whatever. A child is no-one to demand ANYTHING from me. Not explanations, reasons, nothing. Obviously telling you what you did wrong is needed for a child to learn, but if I say don't do blah, blah, blah......then I expect you to listen because I said so. It does not breed mindless children, it breeds children who understand that you do not expect anything of superiors. As I said before NOBODY is goin to explain them selves because you "feel" it is your right to know. Not your boss, not a stranger, not a cop, NO-ONE! One day when you are the superior then you may make decisions that are not up to others to argue or demand explanations of. It is the way it is. Whether or not the new generation all feel this way makes no difference, the superiors will always make decisions and demand that you obey and do it in a timely and efficient manner. It is all a life lesson from day one about what your place in the world is.

Joe
    Wow, it's the "conform or die" school of parenting and work ethic! I don't now and never, ever did need anyone to decide what MY "place" in the world is. My place in the world is exactly what *I* want it to be. It's not up to my parents, siblings, friends. Period.

Why, if your parents beat you physically or mentally..it's okay! You're "only" a child, and surely the beat down will instill in you...great things, and you must have deserved it! If you're an employee...you MUST put up with whatever BS the boss decides you deserve! Bow down and be a good little sheep.

My parents were WRONG about a lot of things. I knew they were WRONG about some things when I was 15, and they're still WRONG now that I'm almost 46 years old. Just spent a week with them. My dad still thinks there weren't any good "negro" pitchers in baseball. Negroes can't pitch. And that's a minor example.

So who has the problem?

I obeyed their ridiculous old school rules and values(few of which were good) and kept my nose in a book until I was legally old enough to leave home, which I did, gladly. And it was my choice to leave, too. I was out of that house when I was 18. I didn't trouble them, I was a quiet kid. Sometimes parents are WRONG.

April

[B]
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Superimposedhope...
    You're not really getting it, are you?
    Quote[/b] ]I don't respect a kid who enforces anything upon a parent
    It's not about enforcing things on parents, cuz if it was mine would've pulled the authority card on me a long time ago... It's about asking their reasons when they punish you or give you an order. It's not in the human condition to follow all orders from their superiors around blindly, without ever knowing why... that's slavery. Let me tell you something, I have overprotective parents, my mom is a fan of old school etiquette and behavior, and they have taught me how to respect not only my superiors but eveyone else around me... but they have also taught me that I too deserve respect from others, and to me that means people should respect my choices and opinions without imposing theirs on me.
    Quote[/b] ]I demand respect from my children and they do respect me and that is the way it will be from me.
    I respect my parents because that's what they taught me to do, and even more for the way they brought me up... they don't need to demand my respect, they earned it.

That's all.
    Aliciae
    \"You will hear thunder and remember me,
    And think: she wanted storms.\"
    Anna Akhmatova - You Will Hear Thunder

\"You can't conquer me. Julius Caesar of the Roman Empire couldn't conquer the blue sky\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes the answer to "Why?" is "Because I said so." And that's it.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ April 09 2005,7:34)]Parents SHOULD always tell their kids why they tell them to do something. They should be honest too. There is nothing I hate more than lies (white lies are lies too...). They should always tell us why because otherwise we don't learn from our mistakes. We just do things to avoid punishment and the moment that you take away that punishment (since they don't know WHY they're not supposed to do what they're doing or why they're punishing them) they just turn around and do whatever it is they were doing. If my mom tells me why, I won't do it (if it's a good reason... getting dicipline just for the sake of dicipline is retarded). If she doesn't tell me why, I'll keep doing it whenever I can because I don't understand why i'm not supposed to do it.

Parents just demanding blind trust and mute kids who can't think for themselves just create ignorant kids.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that say teens who used to be very diciplined and stuff turn out bad? for example I took construction tech. one year. The guys who smoked and were all the "bad crowd" said (I don't know how but the subject of how they were diciplined came up :P) that when they were little their parents were like those that demanded blind followers.
    now... most of the time I am well behaved and stuff, but if I'm going to be punished I deserve to know why.
    about that first sentence... parents shouldnt always tell thier kids why they tell them to do something. if they say take out the trash ther isnt a reason to ask "why" bc it is abvious that the trash needs tooken out. or other things like that like washing the dishes etc

but parents DO defentatly need to be more under standing about things. for things like homework and drugs and the such parents really dont know what its like, i took algebra 1 in 8th grade and my parents didnt even EVER take algebra so i am defenatly doing more then they did in school. and yet i am getting better grades then ether of them ever did but u know what,, they still say i need to have better grades when i have straight a's besides one b. and i will also bet that we get more homwwork in a day then our parents got in a week
    and drugs etc many on the main drugs these days werent here when my parents grew up.

sure ok our parents had it hard but so did they..and they didnt like they way their parents treated them, so dont treat us like they treated u.

my dad always says how he had to work so much more than i do, but ya know what, he probibly did but i am trying to study so i dont have to stay on a farm the rest on my life like he did.

well i could go on and on but lets jsut say that youngens and older people need to listen to EACH OTHER more the world would be so much better if we would listen to each other.

thanks

Brad
    thanks for you imput

Brad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes asking why about a simple task is just meaningless. Just get er done. Sometimes parents tell you to do certain things just so you grow to be mature nice young adult. Yes, there are those parents which are bad but most are good hearted parents.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know, us kids. I'm not saying we're stupid, but I dont think we have the whole picture. They were kids once too, they got both sides of the story. Sometimes (I'm not saying this is the case here) kids act like this just because they're lazy and want to cover it up by pretending its got anything to do with principles(ive done it too haha). lets try not to sit to high on our horses, in 20 years I think we're gonna look back like the geezers here and say roughly the same stuff. I think i kinda agree with the geezers now anyways, I'm all for rebeling, but messing with schools not the best way; go get caught smoking pot, there's some harmless rebelion in my book. my two(2) cents

Oh and I dont want to insult anyone, I'm notorious for being lazy, homework is my kryptonite.
    Im a terible speeler, but I are collage stodint.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicuris

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't about asking reasons for small tasks. My life is not "Why do I have to take out the trash?" It is "Why do you tell me to f*** off every time I disagree with you?"

This is not a normal disfunctional house, okay, people? Don't EVEN tell me about what my grandparent's intentions are, because you don't know them. You weren't there the hundreds of times I got told to "go f***" myself because I disagreed with something my grandparents said and how many times I've been shot down and disrespected beyong all rational reason. As several people here have said, BOTH need to listen to EACH OTHER, not just the kid to the adult. I do not have to conform to everything my grandparents demand and I do not have to give them blind, unquestioning respect. They will not ever get my respect by utterly disrespecting me as a person and looking down their noses at me and demanding reverence. As with everyone else around me, they need to earn my respect. I WOULD respect them if they had gone about getting it the right way instead of treating me as an inferior who is completely and utterly stupid, inexperienced and unworthy of any respect as a person or room to breathe whatsoever. I have a right to disagree. I have a right to live my own life. I have a right to decide who I am and where I'm going in the world and what my attitude, thoughts, actions and beliefs are. They do not have a right to put me on their perpetual s*** list just because I don't conform to what they want me to wear, what expression they want branded into my face, how they want me to walk, how they want me to talk, how they want me to think, how they want me to act, or what they want me to believe. They really do not have the ability to accept someone for who they are. And it's not just me they treat like this. They look down on and discriminate against everybody in the world that aren't exactly like them, and I'm just another ***hole who is going to fail in the world because I'm not submissive and lady-like about everything and I don't care what anyone thinks and I don't change myself just to please other people. Like I said before, if you think it's just my inexperienced average teenage opinion speaking, ask my mom, who is 35. She knows these things and will tell you everything I say about them. We talked about it once and we both agree with each other about my grandparents.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.