Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Tanya(flytrapgurl) has a message for you all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technically is all the law requires, LOL! If, technically, your mom decides that she wants you to live with her, the only thing your GP's could do is file suit in a court of law to stop you from living with your mother. They don't have any rights to you. Your mom and dad do. Plus, you're old enough that the court would take your point of view and wishes under advisement. You would have to make your case in a very rational and un-emotional way. Which might be hard, given the circumstances. start making a paper trail. April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had to deal with court since my parents got a divorce when I was about 4 years old or around there. I have learned to speak the truth and plan ahead. It sucked but I am stronger for it, and much closer to my sisters then ever. Anyways, I digress...
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]They don't have any rights to you. Your mom and dad do.
    No he doesn't. My mom gave me her last name when I was born instead of his and never listed him on the birth certificate or any other legal documents so he couldn't have any rights to me. Plus, I never knew my dad after I was 6 months old (never knew where he went from there) and I never knew a single thing about him from then on.. only that his name was Fred-something and he's from New York.

Quote[/b] ]Plus, you're old enough that the court would take your point of view and wishes under advisement.
    The court is more reasonable, understanding and rational than the people who raised me. Wow. You know that feeling you get when you hit rock-bottom?

Quote[/b] ]You would have to make your case in a very rational and un-emotional way. Which might be hard, given the circumstances.
    Eh, not really. I always make my case that way. It's not like I'm constantly screaming at them in overdramatic outburts, unless it's one of those knock-down, drag-out fights, but usually I make it a loud yet intelligent argument so as not to reinforce their theory than I'm an immature little kid. Usually it's just hiss-flame hate wars.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, not really. I always make my case that way. It's not like I'm constantly screaming at them in overdramatic outburts, unless it's one of those knock-down, drag-out fights, but usually I make it a loud yet intelligent argument so as not to reinforce their theory than I'm an immature little kid. Usually it's just hiss-flame hate wars. <<

Didn't think you were a hissy-fit kind of girl. But, you're a better girl than I am, then! I'm usually rational and un-emotional..but there are times when, if my buttons are pushed.... I Don't lose my temper often..but when I do.....

Saying that your mom AND dad had rights to you was merely a hypothetical situation type of thing, since, obviously your dad is a "disinterested parent". Sorry about that! Hope I didn't offend or hurt your feelings! It's HIS loss, always remember that! April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don&#39;t put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Didn't think you were a hissy-fit kind of girl.
    I'm not. That's not what I meant to convey. I meant that most of the fights are the kind that most harmonious families would go into a permanent vegetative state over, not stupid little teen-adult arguments you see in the grocery store.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry about that! Hope I didn't offend or hurt your feelings!
    Why does everybody keep saying that? I've heard SO much worse stuff in my life and never been offended. I know he was a disinterested parent, that's not news to me. Apparently he was a d***, because my mom H-A-T-E-S the Buffalo Bills.
    Liquid Plummer

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ April 20 2005,6:27)]because my mom H-A-T-E-S the Buffalo Bills.
    Hey, dems fighin' woids! That's my 4 consecutive year Super Bowl Buffalo Bills team! This will severely affect someone's gratuity!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tanya, it's called BEING POLITE, and having consideration for the feelings of others! April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don&#39;t put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't mean for my response to come across as caustic.
    Liquid Plummer