What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Octopuses that walk!

No-one believes me when I tell them that I saw footage of walking octopii back when I was young, thanks for bringing this up Zongyi

I was beginning to doubt if I had seen it myself, it was so weird and spooky and so long ago I thought maybe I just dreamed it...

I've heard octopi are great escape artists if you have one in a tank.

mabudon- Hehe, and they said it was a first time observation

Dyflam- I don't have one, but they can escape through the smallest of holes. I frogot where I heard it, but some octopus was actually escapeing its tank every night to go eat the fishes in other tanks. It would return to its tank afterwards so the owner didn't find out for a while. Zongyi

they are amazing animals thats for sure!

Octopusses (octopi?) are also very intelligent animals which can solve a lot of problems scientists have set them!

Wow, walking octopus.....now that's cool!

walking octopi? Nike must be dancing a jig.....

I dont know if you have the show over in the US, but todays Daily Planet (discovery channel sci show) showed a clip about the octopus. Wasn't anything differednt than the link I posted exept an explination on how they walk without bones. They say its bladders that can contract and stiffen, giveing the legs their power. Zongyi

On another forum I heard that someone somewhere had video of their pet octopus jumping out of their tank and chasing their cat across the room.

I have to say, I would give my first born to see that tape.

Here's a link to a very rare species of octopus...

link

Back