What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My condolences to all catholics

• Thread starter LauraZ5
  • Start date
My heart felt sympathies to all for the loss of a truly great man,the Pope. The World will mourn with all Catholics.

I'm watching CNN now and they're saying he's still alive, but he's in grave condition.

Oh my, the Italian Media is claiming he has passed yet Fox news also claims he is still alive. What does the Vatican say?

The vatican say's he's alive.

Yeah...they backtracked. What a faux pax!

But I'm sure it won't be long. He's lived a good, long life though. I wonder why they don't hook him up to a respirator and keep the feeding tube in and keep him "alive" for another 15 years.....

I have no doubt
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]why they don't hook him up to a respirator and keep the feeding tube in and keep him "alive" for another 15 years.....
this is exactly what is responsible for the conflicting reports. I suspect he has been and will continue to be resuscitated and I personally would prefer that this not become a topic of debate. Say a prayer for him regardless of what religion you are.

I disagree with the Pope on virtually every ethical and moral issue out there, but I have to admire the toughness of that guy. He's a rock.

Capslock

There is a point were you got to let life go and not be kept alive by machines...My thoughts and prayers go out to the pope and catholics.

coming direcly from Europe I can tell you that hes alive, but his condition has taken a turn for the worse and there is no hope of him recovering.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ April 01 2005,2:51)]I disagree with the Pope on virtually every ethical and moral issue out there, but I have to admire the toughness of that guy. He's a rock.

Capslock
Capslock I with you.

Cheers,
Jan

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ April 01 2005,2:51)]I disagree with the Pope on virtually every ethical and moral issue out there, but I have to admire the toughness of that guy. He's a rock.

Capslock
Hear, hear.

o.k, now they said that his final rights have been read and that the gates of heaven have been opened.

Sorry to jest, but I didn't know the Vatican had quite that much power Starman!

lol well thjats what they are saying

I don't know if I like him or not but poor guy.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Say a prayer for him regardless of what religion you are.
what if you don't have one? eh? eh?

Oh, then try to think good thoughts as he's a good and honorable man regardless of whether we agree with him on anything or not. I'd be in the "Capslock Camp" on many of the issues amd I'm certainly not Catholic and have no intentions of converting in the near future.

How very strange, for my entire life thre has only been one pope, and now that will change. He is a good and honorable man, and the world will be a poorer place for his passing.

he is ultra-conservative and descriminates against women and gays.

gays are "an evil that threatens society"

he's horribly bigoted. i disagree with almost everything he's for.

edit: he died today at 9:37 p.m.

true. I hear he's also against divorce and contraceptives.
but he DID reach out to jews and stuff...
still not decided though.

it's true.

what he did for the jews is of course good, but 2...or 10.. wrongs don't make a right.

Back